Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT2
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone so I hit one of the famous West Virginia pot holes today and bent the lip of my left front rim pretty darn good, even broke my pretty little shiny wheel cover, so my question is does anyone hVe experience with trying to fix these wheels?? Or where I can buy a used one at kinda quick like?? All suggestions would be very appreciated thanks!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Dealer.
Well, that or a Reconditioned one.

You can't find a junkyard one because there aren't any that are anywhere near true in any junkyard.

·
Registered
700 Posts
ps.. the Ford Fusion has the same issue. And at first glance, the wheels look pretty damn similar. Never tried to crossfit one to the other though..

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Yep ya gotta pay the price for a new one. And they are not cheap as they bend easily and sell like crazy. I had to pay up when getting some steelies for my snow tires.

·
Registered
685 Posts
You'll find the steel wheels bend ALL THE F'ING TIME! Sorry, a bit of a sore spot for me since I drive down a dirt road every day at a pretty good clip. I go out about once a month with a 2# mini sledge hammer and bend the wheels straight. Its almost shocking how easy it is to bend them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts