Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Malibu Premier in Iridescent pearl with black leather. Looking to get the best floor mats to protect my carpet. I also have a 2016 Malibu Premier in blue velvet which I gave to my son. I put weather tech floor mats in that one . Just wondering if there is anything better out there since 2016 that you guys are using .

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,544 Posts
Weathertech, Husky, Maxpider Kagu, Chevy's own Premium Floorliner. I personally use Weathertech because they were available first and Made in USA.

Here is a thread with various opinions over the last few years: All Weather Floor Mats

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like Maxpider Kagus.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I loved my chevrolet accesories all weather floor mats in my 2013. Superiror to weather tech and husky liners in my opinion.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Malibu LT
3 Posts
I have the Chevy all weather mats and they're great. If you have My Chevrolet Points you can get them that way and off set the cost a bit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use the factory OEM Chevy All-Weather Floormats. Check these out. Chevrolet Malibu 2016-2020 All Weather Cargo Mats Black 4 Piece Set OEM 84038940 | eBay

I bought the same set for $70 last year from a Chevy Dealer out in Virginia (their online ebay seller). Considering GM was charging almost $200 MSRP when this gen came out. $66-70~ is a very good bargin IMHO
Although genuine Chevy liners and mats are pricey, there's a better chance of getting a set that will match the interior. I also have Chevy OEM Liners in my BU and love them. When I first purchased them a few years ago, after several months the driver's side liner developed a blemish and Chevy replaced it without a problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quick question on the OEM all weather mats. Was on the Chevrolet Accesories site and they have the cuping-style mats for the 2017-present Malibu byt not listed for 2016. Anyone know if they would wotk on the the 2016? Here is the the listing

OEM All-Weather Floor Mats

·
Registered
346 Posts
A Gen 9 16 yes. Malibu Limited 2016, no.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,544 Posts
So the ones I posted will absolutely fit?
Yes, the link you have posted will fit a gen9 2016. I think the release of the chevy premium all-weather came about well into or even after the 2016 model year so they never back dated it... that or to avoid confusion with 2016 Limited gen8 owners they just dropped 2016. Who knows.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, the link you have posted will fit a gen9 2016. I think the release of the chevy premium all-weather came about well into or even after the 2016 model year so they never back dated it... that or to avoid confusion with 2016 Limited gen8 owners they just dropped 2016. Who knows.
Yeah, I figured they would simply because they would have had to have changed the floor pan for them NOT to fit. THANK YOU

1 - 16 of 16 Posts