Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I'm sitting here at my work desk reading the news and I came accross an article talking about that Bill Heard was shutting down ONE of it's biggest dealerships in America because of the economy. Ok, that sux but life goes on.

Well today I come to find out that they actually shut ALL their dealerships in America. I mean just up and chanied the doors without even letting the workers know. So there are dealerships with cars in service bays that customers can't even get out.

I think yall can make a safe assumption by the title of this thread that I purchased my Mali from, you guessed it, BILL HEARD CHEVY!!!! So what does that mean for me? Well on the lighter end it means those 7 free oil changes I had are out the window. On the heavier end...well...I'm not sure right now cause I need to go through my paperwork and see what was offered by Bill Heard and what was offered by Chevy.

Stupid economy!!! Back in the days stock brokers jumped out of windows when they thought things were really bad. I say now we find the Wall Street people who caused all this and just push em out the window.

Without looking at my paperwork since I don't have it here at work, how would my dealership shutting down effect me? Will I lose any warranties or anything?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Your dealer shutting down means absolutely nothing in regards to warranties, unless you had any kind of an extra service plan specifically with them.

Otherwise, it's just the factor of having to go elsewhere for service and future purchases.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good then. I think I may have an extended service plan but I have to check on that.

I wonder if this will hurt GM in any way. I'm not sure if Bill Heard just did Chevy or not but I know he had over 14 dealerships in America.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah we read about that to.. The BIll Heard Chevy down the road here just went poof.. Also The Jerry Barker Hummer Closed down not to long ago.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Stupid economy!!! Back in the days stock brokers jumped out of windows when they thought things were really bad. I say now we find the Wall Street people who caused all this and just push em out the window.
That's exactly why most of the Wall Street Bankers now have "Golden Parachute" clauses in their contracts. :mad:

My dealer, Brandow Chevy in Florence, NJ. Shut his dealership down 5 months after I bought our 'Bu. Luckily, there is a Chevy dealer that's actually much closer than Brandow. :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm bummed cause after I purchased mine I found that my company (Siemens) offered an employee discount with Chevy. So I brought the proper information back to the dealer to see what they can do and since it was too late they just gave me 7 free oil changes instead. Now if I went just by the oild meter in the dash then 7 free changes would have lasted me a loooong time. I guess I can kiss that goodbye. I mean I'll try to see if the other dealers would honor it but I don't really see that flying too well with them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
(Economist Debate: It is not the stock brokers' faults on the slumping economy, it is the investors...you guys and those spending the money)

That is a series of unfortunate events; hopefully at least there is another GM/Chevy dealership nearby that is not of an inconvenience?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife actually worked for them and she got no warning at all. She said they were losing 3 to 4 hundred thousand a month just on her dealership.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Bill Heard was also in big trouble...both financially and legally...they did a LOT of bad stuff to customers.

GM better figure out how to fix all the people left stranded after this or there's going to be some negative publicity.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I talked to one of my friends last night that worked and the bill heard near town and he said he was busted due to not paying off trades and customers who bought new cars were getting repo notices from there banks and such

·
Registered
32 Posts
I talked to one of my friends last night that worked and the bill heard near town and he said he was busted due to not paying off trades and customers who bought new cars were getting repo notices from there banks and such
Bill Heard here in Sanford, FL did that with one of my cars i traded in, it took them a month to pay it off, and several phone calls, they sold my car i traded in the next day, i bought my Malibu from a different dealer

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Apparently, as I've read all over the net, the chain was notorious for bad practices and terrible treatment. Yes, of course, some--as here--had a good experience, but there's obviously a bigger reason behind why everything shut down, and it isn't all just "the market".

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bill Heard here in Sanford, FL did that with one of my cars i traded in, it took them a month to pay it off, and several phone calls, they sold my car i traded in the next day, i bought my Malibu from a different dealer
That's where I got mine from. I was doing some more research and realized how shady Bill Heard was. I didn't really have a bad experience at my dealership...at least nothing on the calibur of what other people have dealt with.

DIRTY BILL HEARD!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wow. The Black Mountain NC Chevy / Ford (yeah, read that right- Chevy & Ford in the same chain, next door to each other) went out of business around a year ago after the same sort of thing happening.

It's a rough economy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Wow. The Black Mountain NC Chevy / Ford (yeah, read that right- Chevy & Ford in the same chain, next door to each other) went out of business around a year ago after the same sort of thing happening.

It's a rough economy.
I dont call that a rough economy, I call it a shady dealer.. if you dont have the money to buy in trades they shouldnt take them..

·
Registered
701 Posts
WOW - Unbelieveable....As a Canadian it is hard to appreciate right now the turmoil our friendly americans are going though.

Fortunately we (Canadians) are not nearly in the economic turmoil you guys (and gals) are.

Although our economy is showing signs of weakness, this just shows us and the world that Canada is more of an world economic player than it was in the past. Although we are going through some economic hardships, it pale's in comparision to the U.S.

I certainly hope you all are able to weather the storm and make it though unscaved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.