Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience using DupliColor's 'MetalCast' system? I've toyed with the idea of getting a second LTZ grill (OEM or Aft) and giving the mesh a black chrome look.

·
Registered
574 Posts
... Hmmm... Sounds like a good idea. I was thinking of getting the plain chrome spray from DupliColor and doing the grill up like that.

Someone on the Cobalt SS forums painted their grill, and it was the same honeycomb design in the back. It worked for them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It works fine, with a warning - Do it slowly and build up many light coats! This paint WILL run whenever it gets a chance. Looks beautiful when done (my 99 Malibu likes it). Another tip - you MUST sand chrome before painting over it (if there is any) to allow the paint to stick to something (true of any surface really). Good Luck

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Actually you first spray an adhesive layer. that the following color sticks to._Sand chrome/destroy chrome._This stuff is just a transparent overlay for good chrome._It's the wiping clean every little edge and corner before the adhesive ,that sounds like a b****.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.