Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone blacked out their tailights? If so could you post pics? I really want to do something with my tail lights but the options are slim

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should just photoshop it to see how it looks. I live in IL though so I'm sure they'll give me shit for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Illinois and I had smoked tail lights on my Silverado and I had no problems. They were L.E.D. so they were bright enough to show up even during the day even though they were smoked. I have known people who have been warned and forced to change because they had their tail lights tinted so much you could barely see the brake lights at night, let alone during the day. The key is visibility. I am not sure but I believe it is still up to individual Officers to make the call on whether or not your tail light tint is too dark. Just use common sense, as long as your lights are still visible I wouldn't think you would have a problem. I do however come from a smaller city where things are a little more relaxed than in bigger areas.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i have mine done and the only time i have been pulled over the cop mentioned i could have gotten a ticket for it but I got a warning and then he proceeded to give me compliments on my car lol :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Look at my Avatar Pic mine almost look paint matched they are so dark but i had them done right so you can see them light up as clear as if there wasnt any tint at all and there is no over spray or anything.. My headlights are next come monday

·
Registered
912 Posts
Look at my Avatar Pic mine almost look paint matched they are so dark but i had them done right so you can see them light up as clear as if there wasnt any tint at all and there is no over spray or anything.. My headlights are next come monday
did you use paint?

·
Registered
66 Posts
where did you have that done or did you do them yourself?

·
Registered
142 Posts
nm, see the next post.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i used rustoleum "lense tint" ONE coat no clear or anything and it came out great
Are yours glossy like a clear coat?

I definitely want mine glossy like the paint so they blend in and flow with the lines of the car.

I was quoted $100 plus shipping by a guy who does a ton of work for the G8 GT guys and his work is excellent. This is for the tail lights and side markers.

Here's a link: http://www.flipscustomtails.com/

·
Registered
400 Posts
Has anyone used the vinyl kits on eBay? I used them one a Mustang years ago and they looked great, but the stang taillights were flat.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is it legal? Pops keeps telling me it's illegal in OH.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.