Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Malibu LT 1.5. The AC is charged. The compressor is running. The problem I’m having is the air blows cold on defrost. As soon as I switch to the dash vents I can feel the temperature go up and the vents in the rear blow extremely hot air. If I switch to floor it blows extremely hot also. All the fuses seem to be good. Any diag. Test suggestions? Any help is appreciated!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,082 Posts
One thing you can try that might reset all of the actuators for the HVAC doors is to remove the battery cables to power down the entire vehicle for 30 minutes. After restoring power, hopefully the HVAC will reset, but it also might not.

This will also kill any presets on the radio and vehicle personalization.

I have an older model, so I'm not sure if this will work or not. Hopefully others can add some info on this and/or a better method to try.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
3,054 Posts
The battery cable removal is a good thing to try and it is free. Make sure before pulling the negative that Retained Accessory Power is off. If you pull a cable on the battery with RAP on, it activates the Onstar backup battery which drains completely then you get a red onstar light. RAP is disabled 10 minutes after the car is shut off or when the driver door is opened. I usually just pop the hood, get out, close the doors, walk away for 15 minutes then pull the negative to avoid any unintended consequences.

If you don't get anything from that I'd use a good scanner that reads P U C and B codes and see if anything shows.

Reactions: MadDad
1 - 3 of 3 Posts