Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get intermittent false alarms when it rains? Mine will flash briefly every so often when it's raining. Can be every few minutes sometimes and other times it may only false once or twice in an hour. Only the driver side is affected. Works perfectly when it's not raining though.

Just wondering if I'm the only one. Not sure if it's worth taking to the dealer. You know they won't be able to reproduce the issue and they won't replace the driver side sensor based only on my word...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Dunno. There is a TSB out for them shutting down if they don't see anything for 15-20 minutes..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dunno. There is a TSB out for them shutting down if they don't see anything for 15-20 minutes..
2017 Chevy Malibu LT CPO 1.5 auto stop/start

Where can I find out if my car (purchased 12/2017; former rental company vehicle, sold to me by Chevy dealer) was originally equipped with:
1. front collision detection
2. blind spot
3. lane change
4. etc.

The dealer said they had no info besides CarFax.

Any leads on this car (that does everything else, I think) would be really appreciated!

·
Registered
351 Posts
2017 Chevy Malibu LT CPO 1.5 auto stop/start

Where can I find out if my car (purchased 12/2017; former rental company vehicle, sold to me by Chevy dealer) was originally equipped with:
1. front collision detection
2. blind spot
3. lane change
4. etc.

The dealer said they had no info besides CarFax.

Any leads on this car (that does everything else, I think) would be really appreciated!
Everything you’re asking about is easily detected by looking at your steering wheel, mirrors and driver info screen between the speedo and tach.

1. Should be a button on the steering wheel on the left side, inside of the cruise control buttons, that shows a car with a star in front of it. Every time you press it you select the sensitivity of the collision alert, you will see the levels change by the amount of ((( in the DI screen.

2. In the upper left corner of your side mirrors you will see a car and a Star symbol that will light up if something comes near you in your blind spot.

3. Lane assist will have a button on the steering wheel, again on the left side, that shows a car with lines on both sides. Pressing it turns on a light right above the button and in the lower right area of the info screen you’ll see the same symbol light up. It changes colors if you drift out of your lane from green to yellow. The will also be a camera lens behind your rear view mirror you can see if you look through the windshield from the outside.

4. You’ll have to specify what else you are looking for.

Hope this helps; also, any dealer can run a build sheet or reprint your window sticker which will tell you exactly what your car was equipped with.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Did you ask your dealer about it? Mine is a little irritating but I avoid trips to the dealer like the plague. Not sure it's worth the hassle.
I’ve not, sorry.

The few times I’ve noticed it it’s been somewhat annoying but based on the design of the system, I’m not surprised that under the right conditions it can “false” report. I’ve owned the car since February of 2016, have 32k or so miles on it and it’s given me false readings during a trip in driving rain maybe 2 or 3 times. I did get rear ended last week and it’s going off all the time now but that’s to be expected since the bumper is crunched in and the sensors on the driver side are screwed up.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I did get rear ended last week and it’s going off all the time now but that’s to be expected since the bumper is crunched in and the sensors on the driver side are screwed up.
OUCH!! Beentheredundat, the sound of crunching metal and you can't do a thing to prevent is is a feeling I don't want to experience again.

Hopefully you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
351 Posts
OUCH!! Beentheredundat, the sound of crunching metal and you can't do a thing to prevent is is a feeling I don't want to experience again.

Hopefully you weren't hurt.
Eh, I’m fine. Stupid guy in an older Silverado driving erratically was following too close, traffic slowed to a stop, he didn’t, banged into me and sent me into the van ahead, pretty “minor”. Bodyshop is thinking in the $4-$5k range for damages, however, which blows me away, the car is still drivable but they know best.

Thing that gets me the most is they can’t touch it until March 1st and they expect to have it 15-20 days, crazy!!! Oh well, it’s the other guys insurance that pays. Haven’t had an accident since I was 17........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts