Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you on the fence about having your car's software updated regarding the Bluetooth connectivity issues, you can feel safe going in to have it done. Perhaps this is old news, but it's the first I've seen of it. I received an official written notice from GM explaining the problem and urging me to take my car in for service (much like the official recall regarding the transmission). I've already had mine taken care of, and I'm surprised GM didn't catch that, but they sent the notice nonetheless. Has anyone else gotten this? I would hope this means any dealership should know what to do and be able to help you in short order.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes, several people posted on the bluetooth mentioned getting the letter, I got mine about a month ago

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hmm, still no letter, wonder if it has to do with prod date? Then again I never got a letter for the shifter cable recall either but my dealer knew about it and took care of it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What issue does this fix?

Out of the blue my phone and all numbers were erased. When I reprogrammed them they were all stored under incorrect numbers. Happened for the first time today.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What issue does this fix?

Out of the blue my phone and all numbers were erased. When I reprogrammed them they were all stored under incorrect numbers. Happened for the first time today.
Woah, that would suck. I just programmed a ton of phone numbers into my car. I reached the max (50?) and don't want to do that again. I don't think that is necessarily a bluetooth issue though. That would seem to be a function of the OnStar system (physical in car system not subscription) or something like that. The bluetooth issue resolved was with the software on that system. Apparently there was some bug that after a while your phone would stop auto-pairing with the car, and eventually wouldn't be able to connect at all or would only stay connected for a fraction of a second.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Interesting. On my ex '09, it stopped working after a month or so, and when in for the shuddering issue with the GM engineers in toe, they knew well about the BT update then and it was done quickly.

Good to see an actual official announcement go out, whether this be for the same or yet another update. As the first big BT go around for GM, not unexpected, like with any software...albeit annoying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a used 2010 Malibu. I was trying to pair my phone but it keeps saying the 5 max amount of devices are paired, to delete say name of device to delete. When I ask for a list it says no devices are listed to be deleted. So now what do I have to do. To resolve this issue?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can anyone post the bulletin number? I'd like to have mine fixed. It's a pain not being able to pair the phone. Mine will work until the first time I shut the car off, then I have to stat over and pair it as a new phone and delete the old pair, then it'll work again until I shut the car off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.