Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To anyone with an 09 with Bluetooth. It may be just me but I'm having a bit of an issue. When I hold down the button on the steering wheel it says "REady" I say "Bluetooth" That's fine. Next I say "Dial" and it usually 85-90% of the time says "Help", I can't get it to recognize "Dial" most of the time I don't have an accent and I speak clearly so I don't know what's going on....any help with this would be appreciated.

I'm just trying to make a call with my phone.

·
Registered
749 Posts
OnStar 8.0 only understands British English, Spanish, Italian, and German.

·
Registered
569 Posts
To anyone with an 09 with Bluetooth. It may be just me but I'm having a bit of an issue. When I hold down the button on the steering wheel it says "REady" I say "Bluetooth" That's fine. Next I say "Dial" and it usually 85-90% of the time says "Help", I can't get it to recognize "Dial" most of the time I don't have an accent and I speak clearly so I don't know what's going on....any help with this would be appreciated.

I'm just trying to make a call with my phone.
Grapes, Dont say Bluetooth, Once your bluetooth is set up then you dont have to go back into that menu unless you want to activate your phones own voice dialing.

Just hold the button and when it says ready just say dial

Hope that helps

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grapes, Dont say Bluetooth, Once your bluetooth is set up then you dont have to go back into that menu unless you want to activate your phones own voice dialing.

Just hold the button and when it says ready just say dial

Hope that helps
lol. That may just work, I'll try that one the way home.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thats what i do in mine.. I have a black berry which has its own voice activation so If i want to access that I do this

Hold The Button -> BlueTooth -> Voice Dial, Then my blackberries voice activation takes over -> Call Whoever -> Dialing

But Just using the car to dial I just do

Hold the Button -> Dial -> Say the # -> Dialing

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
One More Post Away From Senior Status!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have my new Malibu since 2 week now. I just heard the malibu have bluetooth. So i try to pairing my phone with my 09 Malibu.

The problem is the car cann't heard "bluetooth". My car is in french cause i live in Quebec. I try to change it in english, but the voice to sync still in french.

Did you know if I can get anyway to be able to sync my phone with my car? The dealer told me a guy with a demo have already do it, but was not there tonight.

Thx for you help ;)

David
09 Malibu 2LT Black Granite Metallic

·
Registered
749 Posts
If your dealership is unable to help you, then you may want to try calling OnStar.. they might be able to direct you to someone who could help you out with those settings. Good luck!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Grapes....Did you get if figured out?

Like Malibu Dragon said you shouldn't have to say Bluetooth everytime. Actually I don't say it all. When you setup Bluetooth and you paired your phone with your car, you should of had to give your phone a "voice tag" so that when you do make a call it will let you know what device the car is using.

Like Malibu Dragon said, just hit the button and say dial followed by your number and it should say "calling" #### using "Grapes Cell Phone" for example.

David - Not sure how the bilingual service of bluetooth works, best bet would be to call GM or your dealer and ask for some help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Guys,

I got it working it was exactly like malibudragon said...

Thanks!!

I'll be posting pictures tonight, took me a couple days to find my camera.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.