Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone given any thought to installing Body Side Mouldings?

Chrome or painted?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the company side mouldings,they were on the car when I bought it,I find the look good.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have the company side mouldings,they were on the car when I bought it,I find the look good.
I'm thinking chrome would be overkill. At least on the red jewel. I'm really worried about door dings, even though we're very carefull about where we park both of our vehicles.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think the company side moldings look good. To my eye they detract very little from the look of the car. Chrome might be a little over the top.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a company called Sportwing on E-Bay that sells them. You supply the paint code. I know of others that have used their products on other vehicles with satisfaction.

I need to research if there is any cost savings over the OEM.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I would think the body color would look good in the red. I did see a Saturn Aura that had crome side molding, but the car was silver, so the molding blended in.
My last two S-10 pickups had side molding, but I wish I had got them without. When you wax you have to be careful not to get wax in the seam and when you think you have the vehicle dry, water is trapped next to the molding and you get water spot streaks if you drive too soon after drying the vehicle.
I like the smooth look of the LTZ sides without the molding.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I bet the OEMs only come in primer.
I can order BSM's for my other vehicle (Honda Ridgeline) from the dealer to match the color. I have no clue what Chevy does, yet. I know the Sportwing Company will also supply them painted.

Lee have you tried any of the Turtle Wax "Ice" products? They should eliminate the wax problem you mention.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Lee have you tried any of the Turtle Wax "Ice" products? They should eliminate the wax wax problem you mention.
No I have not. Is it a regular wax that will last very long? I'll check it out.

I use Mequires liquid wax, and also use Mequires Quik Detailer when I just want to put a shine on.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All their products are liquid, even the Clay Bar. Easy to apply and can be used on any black trim without leaving a residue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.