Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when Borla is coming out with a catback Exhaust for the 09 LTZ Malibu V6? Also, where can I buy the bottom mesh grille to match the other two? I think that will make it look even better..Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Click on the Similar Threads at the bottom of this page, for the Grilles info.Also, click on the WoodView.com link to your left in the Sponsors box or at the top of the page,if there's one there.They have a few.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
There are several sources for a variety of mesh grilles.

Otherwise, I've seen and heard zippo in regards to an aftermarket exhaust system including from Borla for this vehicle. The only official "system" for this platform/powertrain that does exist in full is a GT-R catback that was originally also sold through GM Accessories but doesn't seem to be anymore (can be had elsewhere, like this site):

http://www.classic4performance.com/

The GT-R system is very popular amongst G6 owners, but otherwise a common choice is just a Magnaflow muffler changeout among other custom things. Though most are installed on 3.5L/3.9L cars in those cases, some have done the same for 3.6L cars and have videos and such of all on YouTube and elsewhere.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Mal and Beach your info was helpful..If I hear anything about Borla I will let you know. I have HID headlights but never changed the fog lights to HID. Do I need just the bulbs for the fog lights or do I need to buy a kit for them?

·
Registered
493 Posts
True HID's are a kit with the bulbs, wiring and the ballast for them to operate properly. McCulloch HID kits are available through a few different sites, one is Xenon's site but I don't remember the correct website, or you can do a search for McCulloch HID's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Malibu Glow Thanks..ok so it looks like a kit for the fog lights is in order...Do you think I should have the same kind that were put in for my headlights or are they all the same and it doesn't matter?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up going back to the aftermarket store who put in my HID Headlights. They put the matching HID fog lights in for $399 includes install...It really makes a cosmetic difference when both are on I highly recommend it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.