Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when Borla is coming out with a catback Exhaust for the 09 LTZ Malibu V6? Also, where can I buy the bottom mesh grille to match the other two? I think that will make it look even better..Thanks

· Premium Member
901 Posts
There are several sources for a variety of mesh grilles.

Otherwise, I've seen and heard zippo in regards to an aftermarket exhaust system including from Borla for this vehicle. The only official "system" for this platform/powertrain that does exist in full is a GT-R catback that was originally also sold through GM Accessories but doesn't seem to be anymore (can be had elsewhere, like this site):

http://www.classic4performance.com/

The GT-R system is very popular amongst G6 owners, but otherwise a common choice is just a Magnaflow muffler changeout among other custom things. Though most are installed on 3.5L/3.9L cars in those cases, some have done the same for 3.6L cars and have videos and such of all on YouTube and elsewhere.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks Mal and Beach your info was helpful..If I hear anything about Borla I will let you know. I have HID headlights but never changed the fog lights to HID. Do I need just the bulbs for the fog lights or do I need to buy a kit for them?

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Malibu Glow Thanks..ok so it looks like a kit for the fog lights is in order...Do you think I should have the same kind that were put in for my headlights or are they all the same and it doesn't matter?

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up going back to the aftermarket store who put in my HID Headlights. They put the matching HID fog lights in for $399 includes install...It really makes a cosmetic difference when both are on I highly recommend it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.