Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we've had the car 3 weeks and this weekend was the first time its been nice enough to give it a good wash and look things over closely. While washing it I noticed the paint is pealing off the front fascia where it meets the right fender above the headlight, about an inch long and about 1/16th wide right at the body seam. Next thing I noticed is the chrome exhaust tip has lost some chrome and has some rust on it where the inner part joins with the outer chrome tip right on the rear edge of the tip. While drying it off the sun hit the rear passenger window just right and I can see several vertical scratches in the glass and can feel them with my finger nail. Like the dealer might have scratched it with a razor blade maybe? The car has been so dirty the last few weeks I hadn't noticed these things. Service is already closed today so I will have to call them Monday. Its pretty inconvenient as the door will have to be taken apart to replace the glass and the front end will need to be removed to be painted or replaced. I'm probably looking at a 3 maybe 4 day repair. I hope they don't give me any flack over the window as I haven't touched it other than to wash it so I know there is no way I scratched it. This is just a bummer and kinda lets the air out of my new car balloon, you know what I mean.

·
Registered
573 Posts
From what Ive been reading some cars have been having the paint problem with the front fascia. Dealer should fix that without a fuss at all. It might take a day or so to get it done but ask for a rental from the dealer.

The window looks like the dealer used a razor blade to take off the window sticker EVEN though they are super easy to pull off and SPECIFICALLY say not to use a razor blade. Dealer should also fix that ASAP. Its not that hard to replace the windows and should take maybe 3-4 hours at most.

The exhaust tip is also gonna be super easy. Just gonna take it off and put a new one on there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The window looks like the dealer used a razor blade to take off the window sticker EVEN though they are super easy to pull off and SPECIFICALLY say not to use a razor blade. Dealer should also fix that ASAP. Its not that hard to replace the windows and should take maybe 3-4 hours at most.
I thought of that but the scratches are on the outside of the window, Does anyone know if the car has anything stuck to the outside of the windows from the factory that the dealer removes?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ahhhh ok. In that case it could either be the window regulator being misaligned or there might be a piece of metal on the inside of the door that is rubbing the window when its going up and down. Are the lines vertically up and down on the window?

Either way if you have a good service department at your dealership they will be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update.
Dropped the car off at my dealer last Thursday at 3PM it was ready the next day at 4PM. The paint looks great, and they got the fascia back on perfect. Glass was replaced and I was blown off about the exhaust tip. Service writer said they all do it.

Im just suprised they had the front end off and paint repaired in 1 day. Every time Ive had paint work done it has been at least 3 days.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As far as I know the LS doesn't come with a chrome tip, mine didn't! I added one from auto parts store for $22.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well if it is under warranty there is a timeframe for rust too and I would try to push that to get the tips replaced.

·
Registered
201 Posts
update.
Dropped the car off at my dealer last Thursday at 3PM it was ready the next day at 4PM. The paint looks great, and they got the fascia back on perfect. Glass was replaced and I was blown off about the exhaust tip. Service writer said they all do it.

Im just suprised they had the front end off and paint repaired in 1 day. Every time Ive had paint work done it has been at least 3 days.
If it s a small piece they can do it that quick. They do come apart fast and easy if you have done it as many times as they have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.