Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick recap: I got my ‘07 Malibu LT about a month ago and began noticing the brake lights would turn on without the brake pedal being pressed and then going off when I would press the brake. I since confirmed that the old brake light recall was addressed with my Malibu years ago and my mechanic was 99% convinced it was the brake switch instead and seemed even more confident in that theory after removing the old switch and inspecting it.

Well, tonight, the problem started up again. I was frustrated to say the least. This time I removed the passenger side dashboard panel in the footwell and identified the BCM. I attempted to unplug it and was unsuccessful. I have a tendency to break things so I decided not to do anything more. I put the panel back on and started the car just for the hell of it and now the brake lights are fine.

I’m confused, to say the least. All I did was wiggle the BCM but I’m not convinced that that alone could have done anything.

Not sure what I should do next. Just keep an eye on it? Take the car back in to get checked?

·
Administrator
17,089 Posts
Wiggling the BCM plug(s) means that you probably cleaned a critical contact. Read this thread and it may give you more info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts