Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Malibu Classic that has brake lights that stay on even after you stop pressing on the brakes. However, the brake lights go off after you lift up on the brake pedal. I've replaced the brake pedal sensor, and it didnt fix the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yes, the wiring harness to the bcm...passenger sidè center console. Pull the cover of the first plug closest to the rear of the car.... push it in see if the lights go off. You wont notice much play in it.... but this is an ongoing issue with mine

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,242 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
ģreat article...i did that àswell?..wasnt my particular issue .... I recommend first try my thing first....its easy....get someone behind your car to check and see if the brake lights kick off while pushing on the plug...then definatwly check that article if it doesnt work.

I checked that article first.... then changed my bpps ....didnt fix my brake lights staying on....then i found out by pure luck.... pushing that plug in immediately kicked off my brake lights. Also i a good tip is....if you put on your cŕuise control....it means your brake lights are working correctly. If your cruise control kicks off all of a sudden....or will not engage. ... your brake lights are stuck on.... a good tip for when you are driving

·
Registered
61 Posts
Or just call GM's 1-800 service number, give the person your VIN and they'll tell you that this is a known problem and there's a service bulletin out for it, so they'll fix it for free. That's what I did and it hasn't messed up since then.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ya.... they fixed mine alright lol..... all they did was put a big ass zip tie on it...... and it still failed after i did the recall on it.... they also apperantly did the bpps.... forgot the shim.... noticed that when i put ,my own brand new on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts