Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 month old Bu just got front ended by a Six point Buck! :mad: The poor thing is completely destroyed in the front and the passenger side is pushed back to the rear passenger door. The Front passenger door will not open, and this was at 35 MPH!! Oh, she's a wreck. Hubby will post pics later today when the sun is up.

All I can say is that now I'm ready to go "Rambo" on Bambi!!!:eek: I hope all the PA Hunters are successful.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is terrible, I know what it's like I have hit many of the deer too. hopefully nobody was hurt other than the deer. Tell em to cut you a check and drive out with another new Bu.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Holy ****!

That sucks...:(

·
Registered
568 Posts
:( I hope they get everything as close to new as they can,.. I know thje feeling. My 07 tc was rear ended 3 times within the first year of ownership and it just wasnt the same.. It just rattled all the time

·
Registered
290 Posts
Makes me wonder if a custom-made bush guard would be a fair investment. Would add new aggression to the 'bu. I am sorry to hear about it, but it does not look too bad considering other damages I have seen from deer meeting their head light gods.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 99 Malibu has racked up 3 deer over the past 4 years... Leading to a nice body kit and a residence closer to work! Sorry to see the damage, glad nobody hurt. Sadly it will never be exactly the same. Make sure the unibody gets checked thoroughly for damage, I've seen local cases where the unibody got tweaked and they DO get new cars for that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Most brush guards won't hold up to a good size deer either. Sure it will minimize some damage in the case of a truck but we're not going to be driving a car around with anything like that.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
It definitely needs some work, but isn't THAT bad. I showed my body shop tech brother the pictures and it looks like the typical front stuff, as well as a core support, and then re-adjustment to that passenger door after the front end pieces are removed and straightened.

If the shop is quality, it should be no problem, as they're used to working on much worse daily. It's awful when this happens to your perfect new car, but it does, and that's why there is insurance and collision shops.

Just make sure they know what they're doing, and all should be well. It looks bad, but really isn't TOO severe, at least from what I can see. Hopefully can be put back together as soon as possible, but regardless, best of luck!

·
Registered
290 Posts
If I could find me a bush guard that looked bad-A on the 'bu I'd sure as Hell bolt it on (or, if we want to get really serious, weld to framing). I never thought bush guards looked good on a car until I saw a Dodge Charger interceptor with a full front-end guard with the two ramming pillars and it looked amazingly aggressive and attractive. That and the Mustang on "Transformers" also looked good with the two pillars. I wonder how the Malibu would look...

Off topic. Lo siento.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If I could find me a bush guard that looked bad-A on the 'bu I'd sure as Hell bolt it on (or, if we want to get really serious, weld to framing). I never thought bush guards looked good on a car until I saw a Dodge Charger interceptor with a full front-end guard with the two ramming pillars and it looked amazingly aggressive and attractive. That and the Mustang on "Transformers" also looked good with the two pillars. I wonder how the Malibu would look...

Off topic. Lo siento.
Mad Max :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Picked up my rental last night. It's a 2009 LS Bu with only 1000 miles!
Hey, close enough...that's not a bad thing. At least you'll have something decent to drive while the green beauty is being put back together;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.