Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,375 Posts
LOL - "you are the chosen" to be winning from an ad with poor grammar! :D

Maddening, I know, but at least it's humorous.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Still happening ... and with such ferocity just now that it was all I could do to get into this thread to post. I’m not kidding. 4 tries. I couldn’t tap the screen fast enough.

Once again - the Apple offer, followed by the “The Chosen One” (or whatever it is)

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
It’s *still* happening. Just got “You are the Chosen” pop up 4 times within about 10-15 seconds of logging in (or RE-connecting back)! If you can get into an edit window quickly enough, you’re safe ... otherwise, you’re screwed. Makes this forum pretty much unusable via iPhone.

Same iPhone specs as last reported: 12.1.4, iPhone 6S, Safari.

I’ve seen these popups on the Equinox and Acadia forums, too, (although maybe not “The Chosen One” ... that one might be unique to this forum, not sure), but I *think* the ones been over there have been successfully blocked, so maybe ask them for some help?

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,308 Posts
Makes this forum pretty much unusable via iPhone.
Unless of course you have an iPhone not infected with malware. I check this forum with an iPhone and iPad routinely and get none of these adware pop-ups. The admin can keep blocking them case by case forever but the only fix is on the phone side.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Unless of course you have an iPhone not infected with malware. I check this forum with an iPhone and iPad routinely and get none of these adware pop-ups. The admin can keep blocking them case by case forever but the only fix is on the phone side.
Yeah, but the funny thing is - I only see it on these forums ... nowhere else. That's why I made the connection it was forum-related. And all three of these forums are built from the same code template.

I suppose it could be something on my phone (that triggers only on these forums), but in all the years I've had this work-issued phone, non of my co-workers have ever complained about malware on *their* phones, and I've never heard the company issue any statement about malware on their phones. And if *I've* got malware, then *they* should all have it too, because I'm sure my usage is *well-below* any of them (an IT person actually laughed at my data usage recently, whereas his was WAY over the limit ... but it's a pooled amount, I guess).

That said, I'll check with corporate IT to see what they have to say about it. Maybe they'll end up wiping my phone! LOL!

·
Administrator
331 Posts
Hello there,

Please note that these pop-ups are unique every time they pop up.
The full URL is different every time it occurs.
That being said, every time you get these, please link it here and we'll send it up for blocking :)

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hello there,

Please note that these pop-ups are unique every time they pop up.
The full URL is different every time it occurs.
That being said, every time you get these, please link it here and we'll send it up for blocking :)

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed
Yeah, and not only that, but similar pop-ups generate different URLs on these different auto forums. I went back and looked at all of them, and even though the pop-up is very similar, the URL length and embedded info is *very* different.

This forum seemed to have the *worst* embedded information, for some reason, whereas the other two forums (Equinox and Acadia) had much less data.

·
Administrator
331 Posts
Correct. The URL provides specific information when looking at it. It may target an android, or an iphone, different browsers, ect.

We'll need the full URL to get the whole picture and give that info up for blocking

- JB

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I just posted to the Forum, but when I clicked on the "NEW" icon, the post didn't appear in the list. Why? It's a "new" post, isn't it?

However - if I click on "Popular", it appeared in that list.

It seems like "new" posts are being sent to the wrong list (at least initially). They should go to the "new" list first, THEN migrate to the "popular" list if they reach certain criteria (like view count).

... or am I misinterpreting "New" and "Popular"?

UPDATE: Wait! Just noticed what it might be: "NEW" works differently when you're logged in versus not logged-in. When you're logged in, it appears to filter out my new posts?? But when you're not logged in, "New" shows my new posts. Is that right? Is that the way it should work? Shouldn't "New" always show "new" posts ... whether you're logged in or not?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts