Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm new to the forum. I recently fell in love with the new design of the Malibu. I'm interested in buying one in the near future. I'm leaning toward the LTZ due to all the nice features it has, but I can't get over the two tone interior. I'm not feeling the interior colors at all. I'm more of a solid black type of interior. Would it be possible to order a LTZ with solid black leather/suede interior like the 2LT?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sammyj - Unforunately I do not believe so. This is the problem that I faced and one of the reasons I ordered a 2LT instead of an LTZ. Also for personal reasons could do the entire car in leather.

If it helps here is the order I placed for my 09' (NOTE: My dealer used the 08' as a reference point).

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do the whole interior in straight black leather for the 2LT? I'm not really able to view you documents. The words are a bit too small to read.

This may be a dumb question, but what's the difference between a 4 cyl 4 speed and a 4 cyl 6 speed?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sammyj - Unforunately you cannot do the straight black leather interior for the 2LT I believe. the 2LT i ordered has ebony interior (Black leather sides, ultralux (suede type) seats and back)

The main difference between a 4 cyl 4 speed and a 4 cyl 6 cyl is going to be the "feeling" of power. With more gears you will be able to get up to speed quicker. This is why many have been going this route. In a discussion I had with a car buddy of mine he raised a really good point. A 4 cyl is still a 4 cyl no matter how many gears you give it. Also word on this forum is although the 4 cyl 6 speed is nice when you "really use it" the gas quickly goes bye bye...as in it can be a pretty thirsty car.

Here are some links to the images I posted maybe they will help out more from a readability standpoint.

http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/gallery/index.php?n=92

http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/gallery/index.php?n=92

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much will your car come out to be? Are you able to get any types of discounts or deals when you get a car built?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Wait...the 2.4L ECOTEC I-4 with the 6 speed is supposed to save gas, not burn through it...that's why the Aura got an MPG boost, and so did the Malibu I believe.

·
Registered
701 Posts
FenwickHockey65 - You are correct, only if you don't use it in manual mode and keep your foot out of it.

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah, that's what I thought. Better than camry or accord. :)
Yup. Anyone with the new sticker car to quote what the expected range of highway mileage results is listed as on the sticker (right under the 33 mpg)? I drove by the local dealership while waiting to take my wife to an appointment yesterday to see if they had any 4 cyl / 6ATs yet (not), and while there got to see one of the new Cobalt XFEs (5 speed base trim coupe). The label on it shows 36mpg highway, with a range up to 43 listed (don't remember the lower bound right now) for most drivers!

Does that mean that the sticker will say up to 40 for the Malibu? Enquiring minds want to know! Luckily I keep the window stickers for my vehicles < or anally, take your pick :D >, so I can go back and see what the range for my 3.6l is listed as. Once I remember to pull out the sticker, anyway!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yup. Anyone with the new sticker car to quote what the expected range of highway mileage results is listed as on the sticker (right under the 33 mpg)? I drove by the local dealership while waiting to take my wife to an appointment yesterday to see if they had any 4 cyl / 6ATs yet (not), and while there got to see one of the new Cobalt XFEs (5 speed base trim coupe). The label on it shows 36mpg highway, with a range up to 43 listed (don't remember the lower bound right now) for most drivers!

Does that mean that the sticker will say up to 40 for the Malibu? Enquiring minds want to know! Luckily I keep the window stickers for my vehicles < or anally, take your pick :D >, so I can go back and see what the range for my 3.6l is listed as. Once I remember to pull out the sticker, anyway!
Here's my '07 Malibu's window sticker...

It's listed up to 40 MPG, so I'm guessing the new Malibu will be the same or close.

And I keep my window stickers too. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's my '07 Malibu's window sticker...

It's listed up to 40 MPG, so I'm guessing the new Malibu will be the same or close.

And I keep my window stickers too. :D
The '07's were tested by the old EPA protocol. You can knock it down by a couple of mpg city and hwy and be at the present protocol.

The previous protocol was for 48 mph for highway... Remember the car companies didn't set the test, the government did. The present test is more realworld, but many GM cars and trucks actually can achieve better mileage numbers in actual driving.

Keep track of tire pressures, they can hurt mileage if lower than optimal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Back on track of the OP's questions.

I was hoping that a ebony on ebony interior option would be offered for LTZ but that hasn't happened as of yet. It may never happen.

As one who is involved in racing and spirited driving, I actually prefer the extra grip an ultrasuede seat can offer... even more than a ventilated cloth seat allows. The UltraLux interior is cutting edge, actually.

The 2 LT is a very attractive interior, IMO. I like it enough to have taken delivery of one this past tuesday. I'll post more about my new Mally elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.