Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the site here with my new 08 LTZ. But this last week was not a good purchasing experience. I brought the (First) new car home and after three days found out it was hit and repaired in the right rear door, quarter and 1/2 the rear bumper painted. I detail cars part time and have been car crazy like most if you for decades. I live 225 miles from the dealer I bought from cause I moved and have bought 5 cars from this dealer including a Corvette, and two Silverados. So after a few days of over the phone bickering they located another one identical other than a later build date and I made the swap. I told them I d probably contact NJ Consumer Affairs to file a compplaint anyway because of the treatment I got from them. They are looking at a large fine for this violation. You think they would have given me something to go away quiet but they really didn t. My opinon would be to stay away from Paramus Chevy, NJ.:mad:

·
Registered
171 Posts
How did you find out it was wrecked? Did they own up to it finally? That really is poor on their part and I would complain too if they had prior knowledge.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they had to own up. I saw finerprints under the clearcoat. Under certain light i could see the repair area was just not the same as the factory paint. I then took it to a body shop and he showed me everything that was not factory painted. They tried to say they forgot the form to notify me cause of a paperwork error.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well someone would be paying for the gas to and from these shisters and then they would throw in some all weathermats, oil change etc.. Did you threaten to sue them?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oil changes at a dealer closer to you that is!! I would be very, very angry. They did not forget they just hoped someone would be so thrilled to have a new car they would not notice!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just typed a letter to the top guy at the dealership and my next call will be to the NJ Division of Consumers Affairs after I give him a few days to think about it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
if its under $2000 in repairs they don't have to report it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
cerbomark - WOW - Sorry to hear about the bad experience. At least you got a brand new car now....Anything else of course is fringe, but damn they should be doing something!

·
Registered
701 Posts
cerbomark - Are you thinking of persuing legal action if they don't adequately compensate you?

·
Registered
512 Posts
If you don't like what the dealer did, then give them a bad score on their survey. It goes straight to GM, and anything less than "Completely Satisfied" means that the dealer failed. Consequences against the dealer will result.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you don't like what the dealer did, then give them a bad score on their survey. It goes straight to GM, and anything less than "Completely Satisfied" means that the dealer failed. Consequences against the dealer will result.
If that's the case why does GM still have a good supply of crappy dealers?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sent a letter to deaL yesterday to put in writing my dis pleasure with them. Saving the state for next. Don t think there s anything to gain with a lawyer at this point but maybe I ll check.

·
Registered
512 Posts
If that's the case why does GM still have a good supply of crappy dealers?
Must be around your areas...my GM dealers are awesome. Never given any of them a bad survey.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Must be around your areas...my GM dealers are awesome. Never given any of them a bad survey.
Actually I have yet to visit a GM dealer in my area. When we were shopping for our last vehicle (This was in New York) we checked out a Cadillac dealership (Looking at a SRX) and the sales people didn't even look at us. The last GM vehicle our family owned 30 years ago was a Chevy and they had absolutely terrible customer service. This was a long time ago, but many of the dealers I been to (GM/Non-GM) had really bad customer service.

The best customer service I have seen so far was a Mercury dealer. I just hope when it comes time to buy the Malibu I can find a decent dealer, this is one of my concerns.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.