Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2008 Chevy Malibu has snatched up awards and media accolades, and JD Power data shows that customers are paying Chevy dealers handsomely to own one. The average transaction price of a Chevy Malibu is $22,358 -- $5,000 higher than the inherently uncool last-gen 'Bu. Twenty-one percent of buyers are also opting for the top-of-the-line LTZ vs. only 5% for the outgoing model.

The news isn't all rosy, however, as most of these customers are trading in other GM products to get themselves into the North American Car of the Year. Only 1.4% of buyers traded in a Toyota Camry, 1.3% swapped a Nissan Altima, and less than 1% turned in a Honda Accord. Those aren't exactly the kind of numbers GM will want to brag about, but at least the General is pulling in the equivalent of two Tata Nanos more per car than the last generation model did.

[Source: Detroit News]

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's a start...with more positive reviews, and more variety in the pipeline (4cyl. w/6-spd), the conquest sales will come. There's enough room in the market for Malibu to approach 350K units, IMO, especially after the economy improves.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Even when i didn't have the Bu' yet, i still had trouble sleeping. I could not stop thinking about it, so i know how you feel. I hope you really enjoy it and post some pics soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm sorry Yury! I just looked on the photo gallery and saw your new Bu'. It looks great! I know you're happy now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a 2009 LTZ 4 cyl. 6 spd. Malibu. MSRP was 26,950 and I paid 23,000 plus 2K in TTL. Out the door for $25K. Extras: 110V and shade rear view window. No moon roof. The car in Gold Mist with great 18" wheels. I've bought 3 Camry's and with all the hype about this car I decided to get back into the American game. My first week of driving is 27mpg with 85% highway, 15% city. Only time will tell how she holds up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.