Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im new in the forum, i live in mexico and we only have two models

v6 with 4 speed and v6 with 6 speed.
the price difference is a little, but nowadays i can buy a v6 with 4 speed.

this model have a 6 airbag and other stuff.

any advice about this configuration?
are you think is a good option?

any advice i will appreciated

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Sounds like the LS with the fleet option--or at least as it is in the US--of the 3.5L V6 and 4-speed. Is this trim correct? If so, it's the "base" model but not missing much at all, and the 3.5L is a very spunky and smooth V6 and gets great mileage (I have the combo now in a G6).

Also, if like the US, I presume you have to jump to a 2LT to get the 3.6L/6-speed, which is a really awesome powertrain, but also a significant jump in price and equipment.

Anymore specifics on the trim and options you're looking at, with these engines?

·
Registered
293 Posts
In all fairness, the (Holden/Chevrolet) Captiva is just a Tahoe for the next generation.

Get the Malibu, a very comfortable and performance-minded ride :D That and it's a car, not a gas-guzzling SUV.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
thank you beach, i think is the 'bu base, here have the name "d" package

they have whels 17", 3.5 v6 SFI, 219 hp, 6 speakers with 40 watt.

today delear offers me, a Captiva (antara in Europe., http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/home.do?referrer=#vehicleTabs:Antara) 4 cyl, 4 speed for the same price and the same monthly paid

i dont know that to choose now!
Ah, yes, what would be a Malibu LS here with the 3.5L V6. Extremely good choice, as is any Malibu, with everything--again if it's the same as our LS--except for remote start, steering wheel audio controls, and some chrome or color keyed little bits of an LT or LTZ. Awesome car. And, really, the 3.5L OHV pushrod engine in such an application, has great ratings--18/29 here--which don't match that of a 4-cyl 'Bu on paper, but in real world often meet or exceed it just due to not working and revving as much. Often around town a bit worse if you get zealous with the extra power, but otherwise impressive.

But the 'Bu is a lot more than just an engine, and is otherwise an extremely well built, VERY quiet, VERY smooth, comfortable, roomy in an efficient (i.e. without being big on the outside) package, all while being stylish in a way many sedans aren't.

As for the Captiva-Antara, otherwise known as the Saturn Vue here, it's a nice little ute but very different from a Malibu. Notably more thirsty, same 2.4L and all, thanks to the porky weight and blockier aerodyanmics, for one. Otherwise, it's a mini ute and a solid one--well, the solid part is thanks to how heavy it is--but again, not a good Malibu comparison. Want to sit higher and have more open cargo space but definitely use more gas? Might be the choice for you. A good forum for those, in our US neck of the woods, is:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106

Everyone here would highly recommend the Malibu, of course. Have you driven any of the choices you have, yet?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
In all fairness, the (Holden/Chevrolet) Captiva is just a Tahoe for the next generation.

Get the Malibu, a very comfortable and performance-minded ride :D That and it's a car, not a gas-guzzling SUV.
Huh? The Captiva/Antara is what we have in the US as our current Saturn VUE.

Nothing more, nothing less, just different in powertrains and trim. Tahoe, certainly not, by a long shot.

But good mention again on the fuel economy...even with a 4-cyl Vue/Captiva, it's nothing that great.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Whoops, I must have gotten them mixed up for some reason. It was late at night, after all :D Is not the Equinox also built on the same platform?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Whoops, I must have gotten them mixed up for some reason. It was late at night, after all :D Is not the Equinox also built on the same platform?
An older version of the platform, yes, shared with the last gen plastic paneled Vue. The Equinox is in its last year, due to be replaced by an all new one on the updated Vue/Antara/etc. platform this coming year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you for share this information
tomorrow i will do a test in the two cars 'bu and antara

to have a experience and choose one of them

·
Registered
512 Posts
But good mention again on the fuel economy...even with a 4-cyl Vue/Captiva, it's nothing that great.
It's so sad, because the Vue looks like it could achieve great fuel economy...

Too heavy for its own good...:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.