Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my old car and test drove quite a few cars and I fell in love with the Malibu. I'm going back to the dealership Saturday and I'm looking for some input on which one to buy. There's a diamond white one (1LT 19k miles) and a regular white one (2LT 40k miles, sunroof, leather, heated seats!), both 2012. There's also 2 Red 2011 LTZ ones, both over 40k miles. Or I can wait for other colors to come in.
Had a G5 before (little 4 cyl) so another 4 cyl doesn't bother me. Been reading through the forums and the only downside I've seen is how much of a pain it is to change headlight bulbs.
Any tips on choosing a car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drove both cars today. I liked the white one with the sunroof better, it seemed to drive better. While out on my test drive, I took both cars on the highway and noticed when I was passing cars I slid on the paint (center lines). Has anyone else experienced this? It was worse with the diamond white one and they both had different tires. My old car didnt have an issue and neither does my impala. I also was not a fan of the blind spots but I'm sure I could get used to them and get a blind spot mirror. And is $14990 a good price on a 2012 2lt with just under 40k miles?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I did it on kbb the price is $17350. Maybe it's different with my zip code? I'm in Mid Michigan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This one is 2012 2lt with the sunroof, leather and suede heated seats, and bluetooth (all star package?). There's 39,448 miles as of Saturday. There were papers in the car from the previous owner so it is a local vehicle and the Carfax is clean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I just noticed the car is certified pre owned. What does that mean and does that change the value at all? And does the car have to be from a Chevy dealer or can it be from a small dealership to be CPO?

·
Registered
685 Posts
certified pre-owned you'll only get from a GM dealer, and it means you'll get a 12 month / 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and you'll probably also get 3-6 months of OnStar as a trial. Its nice to have, so you can drive the car and if you have any issues, even small ones, have the dealer fix it, so by the time your warranty is up its in perfect shape. Thats what I did with my Trailblazer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.