Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Chevy Malibu LS 2.4 ecotec
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, so its been about 3 weeks to a month that my Malibu has been misfiring on cylinder 1. At first I got a code p0351/ignition coil primary /secondly circuit. Now I only get p0301 which is just misfire in cylinder 1. Brought it to the shop and they put a new coil on that cylinder. Started misfiring and engine light came on the day after it was in the shop. I then replaced the rest of the coils, put all new spark plugs in, and just changed all the fuel injectors to new ones. Today I checked the wiring harness from the 4 injectors up to the plug, it’s about 1 foot long. I undid all the tape and there was no cracks or damage wires. Still misfiring. It doesn’t do it Constantly but comes and goes. Some times when I’m in drive and stopped it misfires. Sometimes while speeding up the RPM’s will rise in notch’s because the misfiring. Sometimes it runs fine. Always fine at a steady speed. Also will sometimes say “service ESC Service traction”. Last week my power steering literally just turned off while driving but came back after shutting down the car and starting it again. Checked the Spark plugs today and are dry so it’s not getting oil into the cylinder. Pretty much outta things that I can check. Anyone got any ideas? Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Year and engine size would help.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Your first code was probably a code P0352 primary wiring?
Check the wiring from the coil on suspected cylinder #1 all the way back as far as you can. Might want to disconnect the battery when you do this. Sent you a private message.

·
Registered
2008 Malibu 2.4L, LT, FWD, 117k (1/16/22)
142 Posts
@matthew457 : click on your Avatar/Icon at top right, go to “Account Settings”, then “Vehicle Settings” and put (at least) your Year, Make, Model, engine size, and Trim level in there (I know make and model are implied, but it just looks better). Then click SAVE at the bottom, making sure you see “Your Changes Have Been Saved”. Makes it easier/quicker for Members to answer your questions,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts