Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to ask this, but I can't seem to see where this is coming from...

I am replacing my lower control arms. Not that bad of a job.... but, while removing the engine mount it is completely detereorated from the oil leaking on it. Any advice I would so appreciate it.

Not the front main seal either. Anyone else have the same issue before?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hate to ask this, but I can't seem to see where this is coming from...

I am replacing my lower control arms. Not that bad of a job.... but, while removing the engine mount it is completely detereorated from the oil leaking on it. Any advice I would so appreciate it.

Not the front main seal either. Anyone else have the same issue before?
View attachment 67794
I've read that the ac compressor mounting bolt can be lose and somehow leak there. And can quick fix with teflon tape. Also on front leak...could be harmonic balancer thing....leaking in middle. There again this would probably have oil spewed all over and under hood. Mine is a stream on right side so tomorrow going to look into further at ac compressor. Will update

If bolt is leaky I'm going to go with Kseal instead of the teflon tape. It claims to seal all types of leaks using a teflon coating.

There is aldo a leak specific to this model that also causes loss of oil supply when car moves laterally or takes hard turns. Cant remember what caused that but its something iij ng that can cause no oil damage when you do have oil.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,006 Posts
I've read that the ac compressor mounting bolt can be lose and somehow leak there. And can quick fix with teflon tape. Also on front leak...could be harmonic balancer thing....leaking in middle. There again this would probably have oil spewed all over and under hood. Mine is a stream on right side so tomorrow going to look into further at ac compressor. Will update

If bolt is leaky I'm going to go with Kseal instead of the teflon tape. It claims to seal all types of leaks using a teflon coating.

There is aldo a leak specific to this model that also causes loss of oil supply when car moves laterally or takes hard turns. Cant remember what caused that but its something iij ng that can cause no oil damage when you do have oil.
Please share more info about your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts