Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i take my 2008 Malibu through the car wash without damaging the wheels? Yes or No? What are all you members doing as far as washing your new Malibu? Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't know about the wheels being damaged, but I did notice a large number of hairline scratches in the clearcoat after taking my car through a car wash. After a good waxing they all went away. I now only hand wash the car.

·
Registered
240 Posts
We've gone through the car wash several times with no damage to the wheels. However, the car washes suck at getting the wheel clean.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also 'hand wash' only. The car and its wheels are separate 'jobs'. 'Product' and brushes (and relative information) I obtained from Classic Motoring Accessories (www.properautocare.com).

Having completed a trip to central Virginia last week, I am in need of a wash. (Must remove the bug spats.) I planned to do it today, but the job(s) may be postponed.

I also use a "big blue towel" (a microfiber product) for drying after the wash and rinse. No water spots!! (I don't use the towel on the wheels, though.)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Bluedeuce...

In my opinion it depends on what type of car wash. Here in Canada we have touchless car washes, although not great when the car is "really" dirty they do a good job when you ahave the dirty haze over them.

I usually avoid touch car washes at all costs for the same reason mpoczbut said.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I used to hand wash all of my vehicles until I hurt my shoulder and my back. Now I use a local brushless car wash. Doesn't seem to be an issue with scratches, but you are correct that they don't clean the wheels well. I usually preclean those first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.