Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hopefully this is the correct forum for this.

I have a 2016 Malibu as a rental this week. It will not let me pair my phone with bluetooth because the paired devices list is full. I've tried deleting the devices with the touch screen and via voice commands. I select the device, confirm that I want to delete it by pressing the yes button, but nothing happens. The system seems to freeze until I press "back" or "menu".

I've done a lot of searching online, viewed some videos and read the owners manual. Nothing seems to be working.

This is frustrating as I'm going on a long trip tomorrow and will not be able to listen to any of my music because Chevy in their infinite wisdom have decided to not include an AUX port in their audio system.

I'm not afraid to reset the whole system if that is what I have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well on my 14 & 15 as far as I can remember, what I do is press the call button and say bluetooth or list or both and delete them by voice.

Maybe you could give it a try and see if it works on the 16 aswell?:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the AUX port!!!! It's in the center console. good idea. keeps the jumble of wires out of the way.

Still haven't figured out the bluetooth though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Instead of just hitting the "delete" key, press and HOLD it for a few seconds and it should delete the device. If that doesn't work, park the vehicle in a safe place, shut off engine, remove key from the ignition and all USB cables. Now open and leave the driver's side door wide open for 5 minutes...this resets the system believe it or not!! When the time is up, power up the vehicle, turn on the radio and proceed to delete the paired devices, enjoy.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Make sure you park it in a safe place. If you park it in an unsafe place it will only act like a warm boot instead of a cold boot.

Reactions: Omega1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe try resetting the vehicle to factory settings idk if that will delete it or not I would think so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have to Factory Reset your radio/MyLink. Then your Bluetooth devices will be deleted. It is then easy to set all of your preferences including added Bluetooth devices...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came across this thread when my bluetooth randomly stopped working. I did the key out of ignition and unplugged all USB and left door open exactly 5 minutes, it worked!! Thank you for the helpful info!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Instead of just hitting the "delete" key, press and HOLD it for a few seconds and it should delete the device. If that doesn't work, park the vehicle in a safe place, shut off engine, remove key from the ignition and all USB cables. Now open and leave the driver's side door wide open for 5 minutes...this resets the system believe it or not!! When the time is up, power up the vehicle, turn on the radio and proceed to delete the paired devices, enjoy.
Do you have to hop on one foot during the five minutes. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have to hop on one foot during the five minutes. :)
You also have to criss-cross your arms together pointing up towards the sky. :laugh:

I had the same problem, I gave up 1 night, went out the next day and was able to delete them all. I am not sure what the difference was, but it worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same problem in our rental. I was very skeptical, but the door-open-key-out-5-minute-wait trick worked perfectly. I think the delay resets the Bluetooth chip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
see below from one other on this site.....Believe me it worked on my 2013.

I came across this thread when my bluetooth randomly stopped working. I did the key out of ignition and unplugged all USB and left door open exactly 5 minutes, it worked!! Thank you for the helpful info!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have bluetooth connection problem with malibu 2015, when I paired my phone with the car, it works, but the next day, it doesn't. I have to delete it and then re-pair them again, it looks my car can't remember my phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
THANK YOU for this!!! My device list would not delete. I even tried restoring to factory settings. Didn’t work. As crazy as it sounded, I finally decided to use this method. Parked my car, unplugged all usb cables, took key out, & left door wide open for a couple minutes. I was shocked. IT WORKED!! I had gone without my Bluetooth for awhile because I just didn’t think this would work. So easy! Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you. The reset process works. Just turn off car, take out key, unplug usb, and open driver door for 5 minutes. Every bluetooth device can now be deleted. (2016 Malibu LT)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what work for m
CONFIG - Radio Settings - Software Versions Menu - Clear and Reset Radio.
This will delete all the devices.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just tried this door open for five minutes trick and it works!!!!! Thank you!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts