Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Instead of just hitting the "delete" key, press and HOLD it for a few seconds and it should delete the device. If that doesn't work, park the vehicle in a safe place, shut off engine, remove key from the ignition and all USB cables. Now open and leave the driver's side door wide open for 5 minutes...this resets the system believe it or not!! When the time is up, power up the vehicle, turn on the radio and proceed to delete the paired devices, enjoy.
I can confirm this actually works!
It worked on my 2016 Equinox.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Instead of just hitting the "delete" key, press and HOLD it for a few seconds and it should delete the device. If that doesn't work, park the vehicle in a safe place, shut off engine, remove key from the ignition and all USB cables. Now open and leave the driver's side door wide open for 5 minutes...this resets the system believe it or not!! When the time is up, power up the vehicle, turn on the radio and proceed to delete the paired devices, enjoy.
thank you for thaaat????, i thought you were joking around at first but it actually rebooted it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you!!! This worked for me! I cheated and had the door open for 2 mins as it was cold outside and it still worked! ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have to Factory Reset your radio/MyLink. Then your Bluetooth devices will be deleted. It is then easy to set all of your preferences including added Bluetooth devices...
I just did the factory reset and aaalll of the devices are still listed there..

The stupid door thing WORKED, what year is it, for this to be the way to delete a paired device!?!? Holy cow... Chevy, you gotta make this right, you guys!!! Over a month without Bluetooth and a dealership scaring me away with dollar signs when asking them to help:such a simple fix..the 'delete' button is what should actually work in the first place...welcome to 2020
Thanks for the vehicle , I love it....:)

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,388 Posts
The stupid door thing WORKED, what year is it, for this to be the way to delete a paired device!?!?
Good question. I have no idea what model year your car is. Seems like the door trick is just that: a trick to get around a sync problem between the infotainment and your phone. Thankfully they included that fail-safe trick for when delete doesn't work as expected. If delete/remove device is failing, you can also just do a full reset using the clear and reset settings function.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought it was a joke but it worked thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shutting the car off unplugging everything and leaving the drivers side door open worked like magic ! I was trying forever with my 2016 Chevy equinox.. everything deleted immediately after.
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I couldn't delete Bluetooth devices from the previous owner of the 2016 Equinox I recently purchased and I used the open door trick. It actually worked. Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought yeah right this will never work, but I was proven wrong thanks for the advise got rid of a ton of frustration

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
OK either ya'll are trolling us or the door open for 5 min is real and also, I think, a bad design. Like, what if I'm vacuuming or cleaning the interior of my car or just any number of reasons I'd have the door open for 5 min. I wonder if anyone has had the opposite problem like, "oh man help! my car keeps clearing my Bluetooth devices every time I go hang with my homies in the parking lot what gives?"

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,388 Posts
OK either ya'll are trolling us or the door open for 5 min is real and also, I think, a bad design. Like, what if I'm vacuuming or cleaning the interior of my car or just any number of reasons I'd have the door open for 5 min. I wonder if anyone has had the opposite problem like, "oh man help! my car keeps clearing my Bluetooth devices every time I go hang with my homies in the parking lot what gives?"
It doesn't delete devices just by opening the door for 5 minutes. Doing that then allows the paired devices to be deleted where the delete wasn't working prior. The "trick" is confirmed working by users in posts 13 14 16 17 20 21 22 23 24 26 27 28 29 32 33 34.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LOL I cannot believe that worked. Thank you!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts