Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the most trouble I have ever had with car batteries, and I'm never getting a car with dual batteries again, so help me. Anywho, I am searching high and low for a replacement AUX12 battery (or something compatible) and am coming up with nothing. We've found the right size, but none of them have the port for the bleed hose. I'm not putting a battery in my trunk without that hookup, because I'm not into the idea of the car filling up with fumes when the battery inevitably vents in there. Does anyone know where in the world I can find these batteries WITH THE VENT HOLE in or around South Ft. Worth, Texas? I've found one with the vent on Napa Auto, but the terminals are off-set and the ones in my car have to be centered, and O'Reily's has one with centered terminals, but no vent! I'm ready to get rid of this car and I've had it for less than a year (bought used).

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
Have you checked local Chevy dealers? A while back another forum member got the OE part at the parts counter and it was $120 bucks. It looks like O'Reily needs to order and is still $112. I feel your pain on the two batteries; I wouldn't like that, especially when it gets to be 5 years old and you have multiple batteries to replace! GM retired that two battery system with the gen8 cars.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see why they retired it. It is absolutely stupid. We're going to check with some of the Chevy dealers out here and see what they can do for us. Thank you for replying!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts