Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I have a 2012 Chevy Malibu, 169k, 2.4 liter....i noticed yesterday that when I go to accelerate my car takes a moment to figure out what I’m trying to make it do. When I hit 20mph it jerks. When I come to a stop it jerks continuously. Even when I put it in neutral the car vibrates. I thought maybe my fuel system just needed to be cleaned so I bought fuel injector cleaner and did put that in. It seems to have helped the intensity of the jerking but has not fixed the issue.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,457 Posts
What kind of transmission service has ever been done to it?

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,542 Posts
Could be a failing MAF sensor or a number of other things. Adding injector cleaner was a good start. Are there any check engine lights or fault codes? When was the last time the spark plugs were changed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So truthfully I couldn’t remember the last time the spark plugs have been changed. My gut tells me it’s a sensor issue. I take it in tomorrow morning to get looked at but wanted some insight before I go so they don’t treat me like I’m stupid. Unfortunately the check engine light has been on for quite some time now.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,542 Posts
We need to you get those codes read and share them here, or else we're just taking shots in the dark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.