Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an LTZ and I know it comes standrad with cargo nets. I have 2 small nets that run up the sides. Should there be a big one that runs across the whole trunk?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ours only had side nets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lee! I thought it was a bit odd, but it is obviously what they have as standard.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
There actually should be a long back one along the rear inside panel of the trunk, and then the 2 small side nets. Our 2LT is missing one of the side ones, but has the other 2, and my G6 has all 3.

Seems dealers lose them from time to time in moving cars around and their prep.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My '07 Malibu has one.

I cannibalized it off the Saturn before we donated it. :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
There actually should be a long back one along the rear inside panel of the trunk, and then the 2 small side nets. Our 2LT is missing one of the side ones, but has the other 2, and my G6 has all 3.

Seems dealers lose them from time to time in moving cars around and their prep.
Huh. I guess my dealer lost the long one too then. My LTZ has the side nets though.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I unpacked mine from sealed plastic bags, but I guess there is a chance that the bag with the long net was not thrown into the trunk.
This will be interesting to see who has the back net and who does not.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I do not have a long back net; I did ask for one, but was told there wasn't one.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I stopped at the dealer today to check a 09 LTZ and found only two side nets.
When I got home I tried a side net across the back and it would not reach.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I'm with you, Lee. Two side nets only.

One is empty and the other holds the wife's reuseable grocery bags. She hasn't complained about not having a full width net. Our Caddy had one, so I guess she would have mentioned it by now.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm with you, Lee. Two side nets only.

One is empty and the other holds the wife's reuseable grocery bags. She hasn't complained about not having a full width net. Our Caddy had one, so I guess she would have mentioned it by now.
If I had a choice I would go with the side nets over a back net. Sometimes the back nets are too close to the trunk opening.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
If I had a choice I would go with the side nets over a back net. Sometimes the back nets are too close to the trunk opening.
Yeah, it is basically tight against the short back wall at the bottom of the trunk opening, but we've used it--holds thinner things in place back there.

I still wonder where our one side net went, but oh well, never use those anyway. My G6 has all 3, and I do have little things in the side (fire extinguisher in one, jumper cables in other).

·
Registered
114 Posts
My 2LT only came with the 2 side nets.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hey, I have a "bunch" of nets in my trunk, I haven't got a round to playing with them yet. Can anyone post a pic of the inside of their trunk with their nets in? I am curious now to understand how they all install?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Our 2006 has only the 2 small side ones. They don't hold very well. Just a small canister of R-134a (I'm certified to have it) makes the net pop off.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Okay, well then. Weird. I swear, we have a left side mat and a long one along the back...it certainly doesn't seem to be stretched to the extent that it's in the wrong place (a-la the MIA right one), but I'll have to triple check again.

Then again, my G6 does have the same side nets and the identical rear of trunk one, so I think not. Bizarre net happenings;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think someone on the Malibu line likes to switch things up occasionally just to keep folks guessing. I'm pretty sure our 2004 had the rear net (only).

·
Registered
701 Posts
WOW - Amazing how many different combinations for the 08-09's there are....LOL.....I think I may tackle this project tonight and see what combination I can come up with.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Okay, I was crazy. I swore my G6 had 3, but after getting it back from a service visit, I looked again (I'm not often in the trunk with stuff) and yep, I only have the 2 side ones.

Then shot down in what I had thought before, tried the Malibu and it did look like the one along the back was a little "odd" so I took it off and reconnected it to the side with one missing.

Hah...so, yes, 2 side nets is the deal I now believe;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.