Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note to say anyone who has a problem with ceiling noise from around the dome light or rear ceiling should read my update in the service repair forum. It may save you some of the major aggravation it caused me. Just trying to help fellow Malibu owners.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is my post from the service/dealer problem forum.
Okay here is the update on my ceiling noise with my best opinions as to what is going on.
1. The bulletin mentioned above is the same one the service dept. gave me - but my noise was in the rear behind the dome light. Sounded like trunk or back seat, but was rear ceiling. Bulletin talked like it was front by the sun shades.
2. The service dept. sent it to a reputable interior trim shop, but the tech did not know where the problem was because they only sent the bulletin (I defintely should have talked to the trim shop tech myself - showed him the area of noise).
3. I also had some seperation on the drivers side beam - which was worse after the tech took off the ceiling - so the service dept decided I needed a new canopy - which they ordered and the trim shop put on. I found this out when I called the dealer wondering what was going on with my car. No one called me.
4. Almost two weeks later I called the dealer and they said "they thought the car was finished." I went out sat and it looked okay, and the noise was better, but still some there. Seems to be worse with sunroof open - quieter with it closed. Before was very noisey all the time.
5. I talked to the trim tech and he said he could see where that rear noise was coming from and tried to insulate the metal bar in the ceiling, but was difficult due to the roof track. I will keep an ear on it and take it back to him if it gets worse or becomes to annoying.
6.Major communication problem from dealer to trim shop and dealer to me. One other note - 10 in quarters in the console - cleaned out when I picked up the car. Nice way to sell you dealership!!!!!!! And I just heard from a dealer customer service rep who said he hoped I would check off all the positives on the GM survey????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.