Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a big question for you all here. My husband and I are looking for an '09 Malibu LTZ. By the time we added the 6cylinder, sunroof, block heater, rear power package we have found different beginning retail prices!? One car is $29,390 and the other starts out at $30,270. Obviously there's been a price increase but are there any upgrades or changes in the car itself to warrant this?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
There was no change in standards, options, etc. but there has been at least one or more price increases across the board with GM due to material and other cost changes.

The first, around late fall/start of winter was rather large on most vehicles. There are no changes otherwise, just the price and the age of the units with the different prices--build date wise. Go for an older, lower sticker one if you can find it, to save some money because nothing is different.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The 09s had random price increases the only thing I can think of is the bluetooth?

·
Registered
96 Posts
There are minor changes between late invoice and newer invoice.

Example... older invoice the Black Granite is $95. Newer invoice the same option is $195. I'm not sure what all the differences are but there have been changes.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Again, there are no actual differences with the options, standards, or features, just differences due to price increases both in MSRP and options over the course of the 2009 model year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your responses! My husband and I picked up our LTZ last nite and the dealer of the pricier invoiced car came down in price quite a bit to help us out. The earlier build (7/08), cheaper invoiced car was 150+ miles away and there're a lot of potholes right now between us and we just didn't want to chance any problems.

What a fan-tab-u-lous car!!! Love the white~looks sooo sharp, doncha think?

The dealer we got the car from here in the Twin Cities was surprised there were still any older build cars available, but the cheaper car was in Clear Lake, IA (for those of you still looking, I'll bet it's still there today!)

This is a very helpful forum, I must say. I've been lurking here for a coupla weeks learning so much that isn't out there anywhere else that I can see. The best place to learn is from the people that live with this car every day. Thank you so much~you've all been a HUGE help, just full of great info!

Excuse me, but I have to get a little better acquainted with something in my garage that's waiting for me...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure, they came down in price another $500 to meet the $880difference a little closer. Great time to buy after dealer incentives, rebates and auto show discount! Hope this helps~Good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Please share the price you got it for.. I am in a similar boat with an older invoice model.
Try the "what did you pay" thread. Lots of helpful posts there. I printed it out, took it to the dealer and he matched the best price that was on there for the same model (09 LTZ) plus a little extra for the moonroof.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.