Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m new to here but I thought I’d ask around because I can’t find answers anywhere else.

Is it possible to change the display color of a stock radio on a 2008 Malibu from the teal to red? I’ve been wanting to change all LEDs and lights in my car but I can never get an answer on if I need to buy an aftermarket radio or not.

If anyone knows if this is even possible please let me know and I will save myself the time. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,407 Posts
Teal is the color of the LCD display. To change the color, you would need to pull the head unit, open it up, and swap the LCD screen to a compatible part in the color you want. The only alternative color from GM (that I know of) was yellow orange from the head unit in the Saturn Aura.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,279 Posts
I concur.

I modified my instruments and the 2 LEDs in the overhead console to be solid red. I have also given thought to the center stack, but never dove into it. Thread is here.

The HU's dot matrix display is similar to the odometer and the color cannot be changed without changing the actual part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts