Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Malibu Limited 2.5L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha everyone, question for ya:

I had my radio “professionally” changed to an aftermarket head unitso I can have Bluetooth radio and a backup camera. I say professional in quotes cause it is a reputable shop and 5/5 stars on yelp, but if I had a garage I coulda done it myself. As soon as he was complete, he didn’t know why the airbag light is now coming on.He called his friend at an auto shop I took my Malibu to and he stated the code is for the passenger seat. There is some wire that must had been bypassed during the head unit swap that disables that, and with the airbag sensor light on, all airbags are shut off. The radio guy is going to look at it again, but does anyone have a quick insight to this issue? Could it be a coincidence with a module going bad just as he changed the radio? Mahalo in advance! 🤙🏼

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,675 Posts
Since most gen9 cars have backup cams and Bluetooth, I'm guessing this must be a different year. What year is this Malibu?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2016 Malibu limited... it had no backup camera, no Bluetooth for music, but could Bluetooth phone, and monochrome radio dash display.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,675 Posts
Ah ok. That one is a gen8. I'll move over to the gen8 section for better exposure other gen8 owners.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a blown 5amp fuse in the #20 spot in the fuse panel by the drivers left knee... will change it tomorrow and see if all is good (passenger occupant censor)

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,195 Posts
Good find! Have a few spares, just in case what caused it is still present.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was it! Fixed now. Now just like you said, gotta keep an eye on it incase there’s something lose causing it to pop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts