Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when Chevolet site is usually updated? I would love to build a 2009 Malibu but they still have 2007/2008 on there.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I noticed this as well, It only lets you search for 07/08.. I finally found the closest one to what I wanted at a local dealer and picked it up a couple days ago

·
Registered
112 Posts
it is one of the lamest sites up. they should pay a high school kid to make ti better. looks like a 4th grader did the site.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
You CAN build AND search for a 2009, and have been able to for some time.

To build, go here and select 2008 Malibu, enter your zip, and submit. Then when on that first page, go into the URL address and where you see "...yes&subModelId=67&year=2008&y=...", change the 2008 to 2009. The page will update, and you'll see the models and prices and can continue from there.

http://www.chevrolet.com/byo/build.cv?year=2008&make=Chevrolet&makeId=001&model=&modelId=

Same for searching inventory. Go to the Find a Vehicle page, enter 2008 Malibu information, and then when you get to the search results, change the 2008 in "...&year=2008&model=..." to 2009 and hit enter. Bingo. Now you have 2009 inventory.

^^With the inventory, you can also extend the range it searches, in mileage range and number of cars shown in the URL.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I see they finally updated the fuel economy information on the Malibu's homepage.

It also took an email from me and another guy on GMI to correct that issue.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I see they finally updated the fuel economy information on the Malibu's homepage.
I see the 4 cyl 6 spd shows 32 MPG Highway on the web site, but a 09 Malibu I saw on the lot a couple weeks ago shows 33 MPG Highway on the window sticker.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I see the 4 cyl 6 spd shows 32 MPG Highway on the web site, but a 09 Malibu I saw on the lot a couple weeks ago shows 33 MPG Highway on the window sticker.
The fuel economy info on the site is probably still the 2008 model. The '09s got some engine tweaking to get to 33 MPG.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.