Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Chevrolet Malibu Fog Light LED Bulbs

Diode Dynamics carries LED bulbs for replacement of your Chevrolet Malibu's fog lights, in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and SLF styles. This will make your Malibu's fog lights a nice bright white that closely matches factory-equipped HID lighting and LED DRLs! Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go!

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, highest-quality bulbs on the market. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. These LED bulbs are designed by our engineering team here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb, compared to the factory bulb.

HP48: 265 lumens. Slightly lower brightness than factory.

XP80: 510 lumens. Similar brightness to factory.

[BSLF[/B]: Street Legal Output. Much brighter than factory. These are bright! USA Made!

Bulb Design

HP48: This bulb is designed with 48 Epistar 3014 LED chips. Thanks to the cap on the top, the light from this High Power Bulb is shined backwards and away from the bulb, not straight out. This means the output is excellent, because it uses the vehicle's housing completely, which then shines the light much more uniformly.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more, under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all modern vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Chevrolet Malibu).

Colorado Comparison Collage:

Diode Dynamics' products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics:
Fog Light LEDs for 2006-2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Diode Dynamics:
Fog Light LEDs for 2013-2015 Chevrolet Malibu

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics:
Fog Light LEDs for 2006-2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Diode Dynamics:
Fog Light LEDs for 2013-2015 Chevrolet Malibu

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FS: Malibu Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Bulb Options! Plug and Play Install!

Hi Nick. Do you know when the yellow fogs will be in stock?
Hello!

We are expecting more Yellow XML2 to be available towards the end of this month

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Re: FS: Malibu Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Bulb Options! Plug and Play Install!

Looking for a Diode Dynamics' Authorized dealer near you? We've recently updated our dealer map!

Dealer Locator Tool
The dealer locator option appears to be broken. I keep getting this error:

The account for API KEY: mapply.c306ea5c72251590ad1c907aa74c5a78 is not active.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The dealer locator option appears to be broken. I keep getting this error:

The account for API KEY: mapply.c306ea5c72251590ad1c907aa74c5a78 is not active.
We are in the process of updating the dealer map and adding several new authorized dealers to it

Should be active again shortly

Thank you!

Nick C.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Do you guys have anything for the headlight that will fit without to mich modification

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Do you guys have anything for the headlight that will fit without to mich modification
Certainly!

Our HID conversion kits will produce a nice increase in usable output, while still remaining plug and play.

Feel free to give us a call for more information: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I am sorry i guess i should have specified a bit more. Looking for LEDs.
We constantly have customers ask about using LED bulbs in low-beam headlight applications. I just took these shots for a customer, to show them why the LED bulbs on the market are still not a good option, even when using a halogen projector, like that found on the FR-S.

Most companies selling these products for low beam application show very poor comparison pictures, where they are washed out so you can't actually see the beam pattern. They claim that the output is good. The real pictures below tell a very different story.

Cutoff doesn't matter. Many companies justify that the output of their LEDs is OK, just because there is a cutoff line. Sure, you don't want light sprayed everywhere, but more importantly, you need light focused properly. As you can see, the factory halogen light is focused into a very tight beam, with a hotspot right at the center, which shines light far down the road. This is key to performance and visibility. You want all of the light focused right in the center, with a small area to the sides also illuminated, and just a bit below.

Total lumen numbers don't matter ...unless it's focused. Many sellers claim high lumen numbers, telling you the output is higher than halogen. In reality, the total output is usually about the same as halogen, and sometimes it's a bit higher. But since it is not being focused where it should be, the end result is that your visibility will decrease. It doesn't matter how much light you have if it isn't going in the right direction. As you can see, if you use an LED bulb for your headlights, you'll get some light output, but it will not shine very far down the road because it is not being focused into a hotspot at the proper location.

Just for comparison, we included a standard HID output. With HID, you get a focused beam, and a lot of light, so there is indeed a significant improvement in visibility. However, you do add quite a bit of light everywhere as well, including some on the top end. The main problem with HID is when it is installed into reflector housings, and the factory optic cannot direct this extra light properly. However, the projectors in the FR-S are quite good.

Summary: when you're looking at your low beams, an upgrade to OEM HID headlights is the best option, but an HID conversion is still a much better choice in terms of output and visibility compared to the LED bulbs on the market.

Of course, these LED bulbs are still a great option when you don't need focused light- such as high beams or fog lights.

Paul
Product Development
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Chevrolet Malibu Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Bulb Options! Plug & Play Install!

Customer Submitted photo with Yellow XML2 Installed

Nick C.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Chevrolet Malibu Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Bulb Options! Plug & Play Install!

I asked about the driving lights when I purchased the 15 Malibu new they said it could not have driving lights it is a 1lt but I have seen some that do have them so I guess I have to go aftermarket. Any ideas?
Doug

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I asked about the driving lights when I purchased the 15 Malibu new they said it could not have driving lights it is a 1lt but I have seen some that do have them so I guess I have to go aftermarket. Any ideas?
Doug
I suggest finding the part number for the housing from your local dealership and sourcing it online. If you are searching for a quality aftermarket option, I'd start with Depo.

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Curious to see how the new Diode Dynamics, USA-Made, SLF performs in fog light locations? (2015+ F150 shown for comparison)​

1 - 20 of 30 Posts