Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just joined this forum site a little bit ago (first post!) and unfortunately I got all 4 of my plastic hubcaps stolen off of my 09' Malibu LS this morning. Now I was planning on taking them off anyways because I think the stock rims underneath don't really look that bad, but not this soon! Does anyone have any advice or the same opinion on the stock LS rims behind the plastic hubcaps? Granted, my wheels look ridiculous without the plastic hubcaps on it and all the silver lugnuts hanging out and no center cap, but I could use some words of encouragement from the Bu' community! :( Also, is it a good idea to drive around now without the hubcaps?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update: an also added note to this question...does the malibu LS have 17" rims? also, anyone have any input as to how to go about buying actual rims i.e. what are the measurements of the wheel (hopefully someone who has done this can add some opinion) ...thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm a little confused. As for wheel size, just read your tires. I suspect you have 215/55-17. SO yes, the wheel size is 17 inch but please confirm that by checking your tires.

As for the rims, you have the stamped steel wheels with plastic wheel covers. Or at least that's what you had before the theft. Now you have the stamped steel wheels. I don't know what the stamped steel wheels look like, but I suspect they are not attractive. So I would think you'd either want replacement wheels, or replacement wheel covers.

Am I answering your question, though? I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

Sorry about the theft. Thats a real bummer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am away from home bc of work, but i'll give them a read when I get back home.

I was just looking for any opinion on the appearance of the stamped steel wheels...they look exactly like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-2007-08-HHR-Malibu-Cobalt-G5-Steel-Wheels-RIM_W0QQitemZ290297415654QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item290297415654&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72:727|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I am little lost as what to do about a center cap, but I dont think they look all that bad...

·
Registered
193 Posts
yep those are them...now with a little paint job and a center cap it wouldnt look so bad no?

If it was me, I'd spring for the new wheel covers. You've got a beautiful new car -- so I'd say go for what looks nice. But to each his own.

If those thieves ever get caught, they should be flogged publicly. That's just so dirty to steal wheel covers - especially all four of them!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
One questions, does anyone know if the "chrome" wheel covers(above) actually are connected with lugs. Also I have a 2009 LS with the silver finish covers and I want the "chrome covers, does anyone have a link to order them and a price for each or a set of 4.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
One questions, does anyone know if the "chrome" wheel covers(above) actually are connected with lugs. Also I have a 2009 LS with the silver finish covers and I want the "chrome covers, does anyone have a link to order them and a price for each or a set of 4.

Thanks
The chrome covers attach the same way as the silver covers. They both use plastic lug covers that thread onto the actual lug nuts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone have a good recommendation (website, store, etc.) as to get a new set of rims that are not specifically from the dealership? I have the 2009 LS and want to get a new set of rims instead of paying $85 a pop for new plastic ones...

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have an 2009 LS and ordered the 5 spoke chrome finish replica wheels. The only difference is there is no center balck logo. However they are chrome and add a better touch then the OEM's I paid $79.95 for a set of 4

The link is /www.autoamenity.com

·
Registered
186 Posts
i have a quick question about the hubcaps, i have the 08 ls and the tires read 215/30r 16 which means its a 16 inch rim, so should i order a 17 inch hubcap so it can cover the outer edges of the rims or should i order a 16 so it would fit correctly?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
No, if you have a 16" wheel only a 16" hubcap will fit. It's common sense really.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.