Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM MORE THAN UPSET! This my 5th Malibu and my 1st to have 8 inches of water in the trunk while sitting on my driveway !!!!!!
I have 31, 371 miles on my car, drove it off show room floor w 3 miles on it.
And now I see no recalls and Chevy has been notified by numerous chevy malibu customers of this very same issue.
  1. My trunk stinks of mold. This is a CHEVY PROBLEM AS THIS ISSUE HAS OCCURRED FOR enough of your customers. My insurance company has records of this very issue happening all over USA. So I know your establishment is well aware of this exact problem.
  2. What are your plans to correct this problem for me?
Disgruntal Chevy owner
Charlotte Terro-Mannino

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
Welcome @Charlotte.

First things first, this forum isn't operated or owned by GM. We are just other owners like you.

Second, you have posted a statement about your 2016 Premier in the gen5 section. Those cars are 15-20 years older.

Third, I have now moved your discussion to the appropriate section.

Finally, assuming the leak is from the location I assume, GM may fix this for free based on your miles and time of ownership. You should have received a letter about this if your contact info with your dealer is up to date. Just make an appointment and they will fix the leak and specific water damage. See this notice here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10165439-9999.pdf

Good luck. You certainly have the second worst I have read of (you should have seen the alleged #1, wild). I haven't heard of one filling 8" before. That is terrible. I appreciate GM extended warranty on this issue but I also feel it is recall worthy. Unfortunately, recalls tend to be safety related only - It Don't Need Unless It Might Bleed!®

·
Registered
69 Posts
I AM MORE THAN UPSET! This my 5th Malibu and my 1st to have 8 inches of water in the trunk while sitting on my driveway !!!!!!
I have 31, 371 miles on my car, drove it off show room floor w 3 miles on it.
And now I see no recalls and Chevy has been notified by numerous chevy malibu customers of this very same issue.
  1. My trunk stinks of mold. This is a CHEVY PROBLEM AS THIS ISSUE HAS OCCURRED FOR enough of your customers. My insurance company has records of this very issue happening all over USA. So I know your establishment is well aware of this exact problem.
  2. What are your plans to correct this problem for me?
Disgruntal Chevy owner
Charlotte Terro-Mannino
You do realize that this is an independent forum for malibu owners and is Not affiliated with GM in anyway.

Take your car to the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts