Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to figure out what my new car will be and when to pull the trigger. One of the cars my wife saw was the G8 and really liked it. I've been comparing it to the LTZ, which is the Malibu model I'd likely get:

G8 is rear wheel drive and slightly bigger car

Malibu gets 1 mpg better on highway

G8 autoshifter is located on stick, Malibu on steering wheel (paddles)

Similar HP

G8 has no XM radio option

G8 has rear armrests

G8 costs about $1500 more with same basic options as LTZ

G8 has no two-tone leather

G8 seats are three-level heated

G8 has sport red and orange colors available

For another $2K the G8 can have a 6.0L V-8 that does 0-60 in a little over 5 seconds. whoa...

·
Registered
72 Posts
For another $2K the G8 can have a 6.0L V-8 that does 0-60 in a little over 5 seconds. whoa...
With that engine and the recent gas prices they could even add some sound effects just like the new digital cameras have. Every time you put the peddle down to the floor you would hear a simulated cash register "Cha-Ching" sound.

DrD

·
Registered
244 Posts
LOL - I looked at the G8 and was definately a nice car but affordability in the long run you have to go with the Malibu - plus you probably can haggle a better deal on the Bu' then the G8 - Pontiac's roll out of that car was horrible - limited editions (888 models, etc) just drove me up a wall - I liked the Malibu's MPGs and forget getting a V8 in the G8 - instead of a cash register sound when you hit the gas - you'll hear a screaming chick getting A## Raped!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they claim 25 MPG for the V6 and 24 MPG for the V8, but I don't think owners are getting anywhere near those numbers. Then again, anyone buying that type of car is likely to be heavy on the throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.