Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a small rattle problem 1 day after I bought mine,it was a metal plate rattling on the air filter box down near the front right wheel,it has been fixed NO PROBLEM.No complaints besides that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same airbox rattle. The driver's side door alignment was a little off too, but both problems were fixed asap by the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a good thing to take notice of. I work at a dealership in Toronto, Ontario. If I have customers come in with that concern i'll know how to address it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My Malibu is a LT2

·
Registered
53 Posts
With a 4 ,I had a HHR 2006 before and this motor has much more pick-up than the other,it is a gearing thing they tell me.I am very satisfied with this set up.Also the dealer said I might not like the gas mileage I would get with the 6 compaired with that of my HHR,so I went with the 4.I have no regrets at all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I noticed that my front passenger speaker was rattling. I took it in to the dealer and there replacing it.
Well they replaced the speaker but as soon as I rolled out of the dealership, I realized the new one they put it sounds worse then the first one. I turned around went back in. They ordered me a another speaker which they are replacing for me tomorrow. Lets hope this one works

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a creak/rattle on the driver side of the car and can't isolate where its coming from. I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't hear it. I cringe everytime i hear it. Also, I huge rattle from the back shelf when the music is on with some bass. I really want to get it all fixed because my car is barely 2 weeks old.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yea mine was 3 weeks old when I discovered the first one was blown out. Then I was pretty upset when I found out the new one they put it was also broke. Thank God, the third one they put on today seems to be OK.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Here's one. I haven't brought it back to the dealer yet because it only happens occasionally.

When we use the remote start feature, then enter the vehicle and put the key in and switch it to the run position we sometimes (rarely) hear static coming from the radio. It lasts only one or two seconds, then all is perfect.

Anyone else? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Haven't had that yet. But I also haven't had much occasion to use the remote start either, and when I have I haven't had the radio on immediately after.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem1: Leaking antifreeze
Problem2: Tail lights don't work
Vehicle: 1998 Chevy Malibu 2.4L Four-Cylinder

This vehicle belongs to my daughters best friend. He recently deployed and won't be back for a year+ so we are tasked with keeping his vehicle maintained while he's gone.

When he dropped the vehicle off he said it was leaking antifreeze and the taillights don't work.

Antifreeze issue:
The engine looks pretty clean and the antifreeze leak appears to be coming from the bottom of the vehicle. (I haven't located any drip marks higher up.)
Any thoughts on what piece/part would 'most likely' be the culprit?

Taillight issue:
I've checked the fuses, removed the taillights and checked the bulbs but so far the taillights still don't work.

I bought a Haynes manual for it today so I'm reading through that but input from seasoned drivers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Que,

You may have better luck posting on chevroletforum.com in the Malibu section. This forum appears to be devoted to the 2008 model. By no means am I trying to chase you away - just trying to be helpful.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.