Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone performed any performance mods? Are there any out there besides a CAI and a chip? I've only had this car for a week now and it feels anemic for a 4cyl.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anyone performed any performance mods? Are there any out there besides a CAI and a chip? I've only had this car for a week now and it feels anemic for a 4cyl.

Look around on the G6 Forums. I do agree it feel anemic, but gas close to $4 a gallon. I drive like grandma now..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jet performance sells a power module for the 4cyl. Your car might also benifit from a catback exhaust. A good muffler shop can fix you up with something.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not knowing exactly 'what' you are driving makes this very difficult to reply to...
:cool:My 4-cyl is running a supercharger, custom exhaust and methanol injection. Options DO exist but $s are important too. Tell us what you have and where you'd like to go

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,151 Posts
Dude, your first post was to a thread that's 2 1/2 years old.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't get it. Everyone buys the 4 cyl. for the gas mileage and then complain about the performance. That's why there's a V6 option. You just need to decide what's most important to you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well theres nothing wrong with having a 4cyl and wanting a little more power out of it. i found that jet has 2 chips. a mass air flow sensor, i heard that the cobalt SS 2.4 parts will work with a little bit of mods. i am in the same boat and am looking for more power. i am not looking for a race car, but just a little bit more passing power. i will update with more info if i come across any. and please do the same.

·
Registered
257 Posts
well theres nothing wrong with having a 4cyl and wanting a little more power out of it. i found that jet has 2 chips. a mass air flow sensor, i heard that the cobalt SS 2.4 parts will work with a little bit of mods. i am in the same boat and am looking for more power. i am not looking for a race car, but just a little bit more passing power. i will update with more info if i come across any. and please do the same.

Those chips are garbage.. members have gotten them

·
Registered
442 Posts
Our cars do not like those chips. Stay away from them. People that really want performance out of their cars should stay away for those IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.