Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a few days ago i was driving along a busy street in boston when a rock was bounced off my windsheild and left a nice little chip on there. Insurance wont do anything about it because it's a little chip but it bothers me how that hole is there. The rock didnt penetrate through. So anyone recommend a bullseye repair by permatex? i purchased it but havent used it yet, or any other products you recommend?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Permatex makes some of the best glass products on the market in my honest opinion, and I suggest going at it but very conservatively. It is best to make the same application multiple times but with less fluid than make one large application and have a mess.

I would personally suggest silicon glass polish and polish your windshield a few times until the polish seeps into the crack and fills it in. It will be near-impossible to see unless you studied it extensively and will last for about 6 months before having to re-apply.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Same thing happened to me! In Boston!! It must not like our Malibu's :-(..

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's weird! Usually insurance companies will have it fix as long as it itsn't bigger then a dollar coin. I had my car and wifes car fix at least 4 times this year.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sammyj's right. State Farm considers this sort of thing 'preventative maintenance', because it costs far less to have a repair guy fill in a small chip than to replace the windshield once the chip starts a crack..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.