Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you folks know if it would be possible to remove the glued on cladding, clean up the adhesive, then replace the lug nuts with ones that have an outside thread and replace my curbed up ones with the bolt on style ones? Appreciate any input, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,963 Posts
You'd probably have better luck buying replacement wheels on ebay. I've never heard of anyone removing the chrome plating on wheels. I'm not sure how that would be done, what it would cost, and what it would look like underneath. Seems like a needlessly complicated solution for a simple problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying cp, but there is a video on youtube of a guy removing the cladding,then he torches off the remaining adhesive,sands the residue from that off, then primes and paints the rims. Only issue he doesn't address is how to fill in center of rim.Gotta say the final product looked pretty good. A lot of work I know, but there are other options out there. My initial idea for me would be the cheapest and easiest option if is do-able,something I'm not sure of and thus my Question. Here's the vids. of his process, too much for me to tackle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts