Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What products do you guys use to clean the leather seats in the LTZ? I was thinking about getting the Lexol cleaner and conditioner but wasnt too sure. Just wanting a few opinions on the matter.

·
Registered
307 Posts
(as funny as this may sound) i always use shampoo on leather on a wet microfiber cloth. just make sure you get unscented (unless you like the smell of the fruity shampoo's)

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have used Meguiar's products for several years, but now I'm back to using Lexol since I found a parts store that carries it. Years ago I used this on our motorcycle leathers and thought it worked great.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have used Meguiar's products for several years, but now I'm back to using Lexol since I found a parts store that carries it. Years ago I used this on our motorcycle leathers and thought it worked great.
Thats why I wanted to try it. Its in stores again and Ive heard literally nothing but good stuff from it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
(as funny as this may sound) i always use shampoo on leather on a wet microfiber cloth.
Doesn't this remove the natural oil from the leather?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've used Zaino on all my other cars and love it. It gives it an almost new car scent. What's the lexol smell like? I've heard nothing but praise for that product, and if it gives a leather smell, then I may use it. I've also used Zymol's leather conditioner and I liked it as well.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, just did it. It took about two hours but got it done. Lexol smells a little like mild mild coffee I guess. I dont know really, it was really hard to put a name to it. It does smell good.

It took off soooo much dirt it was unreal. The water was literally brown.

Only thing is, is there anything else we can put on the seats to give them that shine? I know the leather isnt the best (thanks GM) but there has to be something that will protect them in between cleanings.

Thinking about Meguires Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner Wipes, anybody try it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah! Wipes work good, only thing is they leave a real high shine afterwards. Nervous whether they will transfer to my clothes, so stopped using. Product seems too seep in after a few days. But again, could be going into my shirt too!!!

Anyway hope this helps. They work, but they leave a greasy mess.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A few days later the Lexol products are going great. The leather feels "softer" but its not all that different. I wish GM would of used a far better grade of leather instead of the vinyl on the outside of the seats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.