Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an idea for you guys.....I think these would look AWESOME on the Malibu.

So....I couldn't find any Malibu LTZ wheels or any aftermarket wheels that I liked and decided on a set of 2007 Cobalt SS POLISHED wheels (only had 4,000 miles on them) and put those on the other day.

I like them since they're bright polished & sort of look like chrome, and even though I don't like chrome....there is a lot of chrome from the factory on this car already & it matches nice. It's a different look for sure though.

These LOOK like the Malibu OEM wheels, but the Malibu ones have an inside lip on the lip/edge (the Cobalt ones don't)....Malibu wheel:

They weigh 24lbs. each:

The car & the wheels are dirty, but let me know what you think...BEFORE:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks sweet on the aura, but doesn't the malibu LT already come with these wheels.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the Aura rims better. Never was a fan of the chunky wheels.
Well I IDEALLY wanted a set of LTZ rims, but was unable to find any (missed that auction on ebay...dammit!)

Would've saved me A TON of money too, because I bought some Pontiac Solstice rims (have about $600 wrapped up in those) and they didn't fit afterall

And then I just spent $400 (shipped) on these Cobalt wheels + the $100 to have my stock tires swapped over & balanced & all that

But I didn't like the Aura wheels because they had too many spokes (I'm a simple 5 spoked wheel kind of guy) and also they were a pain to clean & weren't very bright even though they're "polished" on the front of the spokes.

These Cobalt wheels almost look like chrome when they're all cleaned up (but won't pit/flake off!)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hate to say it, but did you know you could have gotten chrome aura wheels for like $300?
Chrome won't last in winter months

Polished Aluminum....some of the shine of chrome, but without the maintenace/worries

And talking about the Chrome aura wheels....are you referring to the chrome wheel exchange on ebay??

I hate the stock 14 spoked wheels (pain in the butt to clean) and they're polished (on the front of the spokes), but you can only tell when far away.
Plus like I said, the chrome wouldn't have held up in the winter.

When I took delivery of my car (new) a couple months ago, I had my dealer swap out the stock 225/50/18 LS-2 tires for a set of the new Goodyear Assurance TripleTread tires (a better all season tire).
They were giving me the credit for the LS-2 tires ($130/each) & then charging me the difference on the new tires (which are like $150/each).......but when I went to pick up the car & pay the balance (it was supposed to be like $130-150--mounting/balancing & balance).....they said don't worry about it....so they upgraded my tires for me for FREE! So I know they lost some money on that deal, but it worked out in my favor.
(Saturn of Plymouth BTW)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.