Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice please, my 2016 Chevy Malibu LT 1.5L is jerking when driving on higher than 2500 rpms, if i release the acceleration pedal immediately it goes back to normal, if i keep the pedal pushed continuously for about 20 seconds the engine light comes on and the message "engine power reduced" the codes are P0089 and P228C . I connect the scanner and looks like the live data shows everytime i accelerate while driving over 2500 rpms the fuel rail pressure drops from the required pressure (10-20 mPa) to almost 0 mPa and return to normal if i release the acceleration pedal
The fuel pressure is around 399 kPa and increases to 499 kPa after the engine power reduced comes on and the fuel rail pressure goes to 0.4 mPa steady
I replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor, the high pressure fuel pump and didn't fix the problem.
Any advice will help. Thank you very much

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need some advice please, my 2016 Chevy Malibu LT 1.5L is jerking when driving on higher than 2500 rpms, if i release the acceleration pedal immediately it goes back to normal, if i keep the pedal pushed continuously for about 20 seconds the engine light comes on and the message "engine power reduced" the codes are P0089 and P228C . I connect the scanner and looks like the live data shows everytime i accelerate while driving over 2500 rpms the fuel rail pressure drops from the required pressure (10-20 mPa) to almost 0 mPa and return to normal if i release the acceleration pedal
The fuel pressure is around 399 kPa and increases to 499 kPa after the engine power reduced comes on and the fuel rail pressure goes to 0.4 mPa steady
I replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor, the high pressure fuel pump and didn't fix the problem.
Any advice will help. Thank you very much
Hello sir..did u ever fix this issue..I have the same problem with my car and same exact codes..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On mine the problem was the check valve,
I replaced the fuel feeding hose that connects the high pressure fuel pump to the fuel line, that hose has a check valve inside and was stuck, replaced it and everything works perfect now
Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
No luck so far ...I replace the hose and the high pressure fuel pump ....I am not very familiar with GDI systems...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello plz my 2016 Malibu has run just 29k miles and I see steam smoke from the dipstick and the oil cap when the car is running,I experienced the same fault and later the oil always shot so it affected the engine and I changed the engine and replaced new engine after running the new engine for some few month smoke is coming from my dipstick and the oil cap again the car sometimes shake,what may be the problem please help solve this I really like the Chevy malibu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts