Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the engine light on and scanned the code which is P06DC. The car runs fine and I can feel
no difference in drivability or gas mileage or start/stop. Information says to look at the oil pressure control solenoid+ wiring/connectors+ ECM. I guess the ECM(if the problem) must be changed by a dealer and maybe would be under warranty still? Can the car be driven or will this affect oil pressure enough to damage the engine? Has anyone changed the solenoid and how much fun was it?

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Oil Pump Flow Control Valve 2.0L 2.5L 13-17 Cadillac Chevrolet 12670746

I have read it's a half hour job. Part is $50 US and is located near the oil filter.
Fix your car, you have no way of knowing what or if your oil pressure is too low unless you have a actual oil pressure gauge installed.
Time wise your out of the 3/36 coverage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. I was able to get an ohm reading on the solenoid and it measures 18 Ohms. Also 12 volts is present on one wire. Possibly solenoid is stuck or ECM not triggering the solenoid? I have not been able to find the part number for this device. It can be called an oil pump flow control valve or oil control solenoid. I tried Delco parts + rockauto and had no luck. Does anyone have a better parts site or should I call a GM dealer?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil Pump Flow Control Valve 2.0L 2.5L 13-17 Cadillac Chevrolet 12670746

I have read it's a half hour job. Part is $50 US and is located near the oil filter.
Fix your car, you have no way of knowing what or if your oil pressure is too low unless you have a actual oil pressure gauge installed.
Time wise your out of the 3/36 coverage.
Ooops. I just noticed the part number you put at the start of the response. So 12670746 is the correct part for a 2.5L Malibu. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the new oil pressure solenoid and it was easy to change. The shield has 3 bolts, 2 are 10 mm one is 15 mm.
The solenoid is held in place by a 10mm and the bracket that holds the wire harness connector uses a 10 mm.
I erased the engine code and took the car for a spin. So far the engine light has stayed off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts