Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an issue i noticed, I was curious as to if anyone has experienced this problem...

Since the colder weather has come, I have noticed that when I get into my car in the mornings my FM radio is 100% static until it seems like my car 'warms up'. (I remotely start my car for at least 5 minutes everyday also)

It seems like this has started happening when the outside temperature would get down below 45 degrees or so but goes away after my internal temperature rises.(5 -10 minutes depending on how cold)

Has anyone had this problem with their malibu? I am going to schedule a service appointment for it but I was hoping there was an easy fix as I could see me taking it in and they 'cant duplicate the issue'

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think it's just that your internal antennae just needs to be warmed up.. I can't prove this or anything but I have heard that things like that don't work as well in abnormally cold or not temperatures (My mobile has the same problems if I accidentally leave it in the car overnight or something).

I never experience any problems with XM, regardless of the temperatures.
This is what I think also but, I have never had this happen with any car before. This has to be an isolated issue as it would be hard for me to believe that every malibu owner in a climate like Michigan would have this same issue due to the cold weather.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.