Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Onstar just expired in my '08 Malibu and I noticed that the compass went away. I have no plans to renew the subscription, however, I hate not having the compass available. The compass in our '03 Trailblazer stayed when the Onstar expired. I assume this is just another way of making you try to renew. Any suggestions? Maybe I can install a big boat compass in the dash :)

· Registered
561 Posts
My Onstar just expired in my '08 Malibu and I noticed that the compass went away. I have no plans to renew the subscription, however, I hate not having the compass available. The compass in our '03 Trailblazer stayed when the Onstar expired. I assume this is just another way of making you try to renew. Any suggestions? Maybe I can install a big boat compass in the dash :)
Have you tried powering off the mirror and back on? Maybe just a quick reset since the onstar was turned off?

· Registered
693 Posts
Cosastall44 - Your compass is independent from OnStar. Although housed in the same location; they are not connected.

Check your owner's manual...There is away to turn it off and still have the power to the mirror for the automatic dimming. I suspect as recommended by malibudragon that it is just a matter of a simple reset.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
729 Posts
In your user manual, it will also tell you on how to re-calibrate the compass.. should the simple on/off reset not work for whatever reason.

Like they said though, it's an independent feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.