Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been driving a Chevy Colorado since 2006 and it's time to put her to pasture. I found a 2012 Malibu LT that was a personal leased vehicle with less than 15,000 miles on it for $15,000. I think it's a reasonable deal. What do you owners think?

The only thing on the Carfax report I saw was a "Exterior light check" at a dealership back in January. One owner in NY (I'm in the south). It's being transferred here in a week or so for me to go see it in person. I can't think of any reason not to buy it if it looks/drives ok.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
The car is worth 20-24k new depending on actual invoice and whether its LT or 2LT, I4 or V6; 15k is hypothetically on the high end of market value; I would try and negotiate it down but realistically speaking it's a great car for that price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 1LT. According to KBB $15K is a good deal. No negotiating because it's at CarMax. I went and looked at it yesterday and loved it. Going back in a couple hours to pick it up.

It looks brand new and with only 15,000 miles on it it pretty much is. The only flaw I saw was pitting on aluminum parts in the engine. I know the car was used in NY for a year and a half so I'm guessing that's from snow and road salt.

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
$15k is a great deal. The car is nearly new. Pitting on the metal engine parts under the hood is not a problem. As long as the car is cosmetically nice inside and out, you're getting a car that's 90% as nice and efficient as a brand new car for almost $10,000 less.

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
Very nice! I always liked those alloy wheels. Enjoy! Be sure to post your impressions of the way it drives, fuel econ, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I've been driving it for a week now and I'll say on the plus side it's more comfortable and quieter than my truck ever was. Seems to have plenty of pep and speed. On the not so plus side it's weird sitting so low to the ground and looking "up" at suv's and trucks. And I have no clue why Chevy designed the a/c to default to circulate outside air. I always kept mine on recirculate inside air because I don't want to smell the cigarette smoke and exhaust of cars in front of me.

The salesman at CarMax told me he was pretty sure it had Bluetooth and it does not. That was a little disappointing. I was hoping to rid myself of the aux cable and to be able to make hands free calls.

Overall I'm very happy so far. Windows are being tinted right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts