Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I need major help with my 04 Malibu Maxx basically I got sold a bad car with tons of issues . Mainly power steering jerking you on hard acceleration . I've grounded coil bracket . Had vin ran for steering rod recall . They say it's been changed . I work all day making boat trailers and come home to try and fix this car to no success . I can't afford to have it taken in to be scanned and never will afford a good scanner to even calibrate this car so any good advice I have a 06 3500 engine from donor van just need to be pointed in right direction. My 2001 but is dieing on me body wise but her 3100 is still strong

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,681 Posts
Wow, quite a project and I hope it works out!

I prefer hydraulic over EPS, so I'm pulling for ya.

If you just remove the EPS motor, will that make it so that without it forcing you to turn its motor, you'll at least have a somewhat usable manual steering rack until you can get this conversion finished?

To be clear, since you've identified 3 different years between your title and comments, you are working on an '04 with 3.5L, you have a donor 3.5L from an '06 van to go into it, plus you have an additional '01 powered by a 3.1L?

Does the '01 have hydraulic, and do you think it could be swapped to the donor '06?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts